• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Union Board endorses TA w/ qulifications

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I thought first year pay stayed the same. If what you say is true there is yet another reason to vote no. Do we really need a bunch of road shows? Cant we just vote no now?

I haven't seen if first year pay for existing guys is locked or not. I'm just going by what I have managed to read on the TA page at first glance.

Still need help

I'm posting this two threads because I'm so confused...

Does anyone out there have any ideas why the NPA agreed to so many concessions in this TA with basically nothing in return? I can't find one giveback that the NPA can say "well at least we got X back for the pilots"

For instance we gave up the door time in return for what? Gave up retiree medical for what? And the list goes on.

We are not in bankruptcy or on the verge of a strike so there seems no reason to me that the NC should even entertain stuff that is worse than current book.

That is my main problem. Why was there so many givebacks for no reason? I would have been completely fine with current book and 15-25% raises across the board.

Holy crap

Guys...I've been on rsv as a captain for a year now with another year to go. Please dont vote for this crap. These new rsv rules will make our lives a living hell, not to mention the enormous paycut. Pass it on.

If we can agree that swa or better is what everyone should be shooting for contract wise ( and I'm not trying to start a swa vs the world war thread) this TA is a joke. I believe reserves at swa get a minimum of 15 days off and 90 hrs. pay min. at $48. If they pick up extra time, that time is at 2nd year pay. And the pay scales are way higher. AGAIN, not trying to start a swa vs airtran bennie war thread, but I think we can agree that these are the things that every airline should be striving for, not some take it up the rear, consessionary contract.

Back at my previous life our union sold us a bill of goods to try and keep the United flying. We were completely hoodwinked by our MEC into voting for it and I'll be dammned if I will let it happen again. The scope issue alone is enough to for a resounding no vote from me. After reading through these posts, as I have yet to see the power point or the actual TA, it sounds much worse than I originally thought.

We believed our MEC at the roadshows and lost huge at Air Willy, read the fine print. We should not be voting on a concessionary contract period, and this sure sounds like one. What is one good thing about it? The only reason I can see for the BOD approving this giant turd sandwich is maybe hoping for a resounding 80-90% no vote that will tell the management that we will not settle for a mediocre deal.

VOTE NO...NO...NO...NO...NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scope is a deal breaker on its own. Anything over 50 seats must be flown by us. Period!

Giving up 4 hour min day for 4.5 average? NO

Changing pay from doors closed to rolling? NO

Computation of pay based on average flown same three month priod in year prior versus scheduled? NO

Loss of Emergency Sick Bank? NO

Reserve overhaul? NO

Training section? NO

12 hour day gone? NO

Addition of 15 year pay scale? NO

These are just a few that come to mind. And all of that for what? A pay raise that almost keeps up with inflation. I get that this is a give and take and with the exception of section 1 (non negotiable), I might be willing to give on the other things if their was anything to take.

Depressingly, I was just speaking to a 9 year captain who was trying to sell me on how this mgt. team has kept every promise that it has made to the pilot group and how we should just trust them on the scope thing. I am just being paranoid he said. He was planning on voting yes. Bums me out.

That's great to hear, Dairy. Our ranks have been primarily filled the last 2-4 years by Regional CA's who have been through all this before and lived a Regional lifestyle. I don't think they want to go back and hopefully remember the lessons learned from their past.

To all the new guys and the reserve CA's, having just finished almost a year of reserve (bad timing and a refusal to fly CDO's), I will NOT vote yes for a contract with those give-backs in pay unless the pay raise in Section 4 COMPLETELY offsets it, and I know quite a few guys who feel the same way.

There's no WAY I'll vote yes with the majority of the work rule concessions, REGARDLESS of Section 4 rates, and neither will most other pilots because they have to live with them, too.

Just spread the word with everyone you fly with and come in contact with that current book beats this T.A., so simply vote NO.

Latest resources

Back