• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran tugs hits ASA airplane

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Airtran has that stupid billboard fuel truck that says "every airline pays the same for gas, so why do other airlines charge more?" (condescending..and not even funny)

Maybee their tugs should say "every airline has tugs. Ours like to hit the other airline's planes so they have to charge people more to fix them."
(also condescending and equally not very funny)

Yeah our buses do have some stupid sayings on the side. But they are better than the old ones we had about a year ago. If ASA had billboard buses I think a good one would be "Every airline tries to improve their performance. As for us we're always racing for the bottom in Cust Service, on-time performance, and losing people's bags".

Or maybe it would say- "We were going to be on time for once, and then we got hit by this stupid tug."

Acey on time? nahhh.....ramp 4 continues to be an RJ convention...gives you a view of what Mojave will look like in a few years..although our on-time for the past several days has been shot with this wx....end up holding flights for 1 or 2 pax just to make sure no one overnights in ATL....especially with the night ending at 20%

We were the 70 seater holding short of the spine and saw the whole thing happened. The guy got up right away, and all the traffic just kept on passing by as though nothing had happened!!! Other tugs, buses etc were just driving around the accident. We called Ron in the ramp tower and I assume he is the one that got the medical people out there. Anyone know any more news on this?

Did the tug barrel into the RJ or visa-versa?

If you saw the whole thing, the captain involved might appreciate you getting in touch with the ALPA safety guys. RJs are sposed to have the right of way, but if it comes down to "he said, she said" with the tug driver, a witness might save somebody's bacon.

ahhh - memories of the crack ramp and crack shack. and you kiddies today think F terminal is bad.

Heyas Lear,

I'm trying to decide which of my crack shack memories I cherish most....the vertitable river of urine in the men's room, or the kamikaze tug drivers, or the "help" that was conducting a study of the economics of recreational pharmacology out back.

Nu

Ship 845 was southbound on the west line, the tug came to rest on it's left side facing westbound about mid-wing with the bottom stuck under the wing. The canopy probably saved the ramper from being directly hit and ground up on the ramp by sliding or rolling equipment. Needless to say the ramp was done at that point... nightime, raining, ASA's finely oiled operation (TIC), and an accident all added up to a ton of delay. Thankfully no serious injury.

Ship 845...that's not Stone Mountain is it?. It's been rebuilt once already. That airplane is cursed and flies like crap as it is!!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back