• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran tugs hits ASA airplane

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
big deal, this happens about once a week at F terminal in PHL.

Back in 99 I was sitting in the cockpit at spot 17 (the corrner) of the "crack ramp" in PHL when a rampy came flyn up to the dash on spot 15 and tried to skid to a stop while jumping off ( I didn't see this part, I was reading but the CA did) well the maneuver didn't work and the rampy went flyn one way and the tug veered twards us. At this point I'm still reading but the CA jumps up and flys from the cockpit out the door and runs up along side the tug (this part I saw) and turned the tug steering wheel so it doesn't ram our dash. the rampy didn't even notice.

ahhh - memories of the crack ramp and crack shack. and you kiddies today think F terminal is bad.

I was in BWI and the tug driver was cleared to push us back, well he turned the tug on and it was set in reverse and wouldn't stop. It started pulling us towards the Jetway and the terminal. All the rampers were frantic. I finally put my feet on the breaks to stop it and that did the job till they killed the tug. It didn't take long for the ramp supervisor to run out and ask WTF. Good times!!

Originally Posted by PBRstreetgang
He was hurrying a big box of O2 canisters to the next flight.
PBR

I dont get it. someone explain?

Originally Posted by PBRstreetgang
He was hurrying a big box of O2 canisters to the next flight.
PBR

I dont get it. someone explain?

Before Value Jet bought AirTran and took their name, a DC9(?) had a fire in the baggage hold. Apparently it was a box of oxygen generators. Anyway, the plane along with everyone, ended up a smoking hole in the Everglades. Nobody on the airplane had any fault. Damned shame.

PBR, poor attempt at humor.

But here's the important question. Where was the airplane supposed to go last night?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back