AirTran to start CUN service in December

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
olympus593 said:
I hope all the passenger enjoy flying southwest to NRT or CDG...where did first class go???

I would like to ask the majors this question!!!!

Ahhh just what we need another RJ operator slammin on someone. Want a job at Delta or United, park the 70 seaters and half the RJ's. That won't happen and the LCC's wont go away.

...um...erh....have you FLOWN a Citrus 717? Its business class is a darn sight better than most of the legacy carriers....

I really wouldn't want to go transcon on a SWA 737. (No offense guys...you do great point to point short trips..) However, the Air Tran ride (at least up front) is pretty classy. I prefer it (and my laptop) to the Jetblue TVs. However...first airline to offer wireless internet inflight will be the one with MEGA corporate loyalty.

olympus593 said:
Great that all we need LCC flying international, the end is near...

Well then I guess you'll be happy to know that the other award of the TPA-CUN route (only two are allowed) went to Spirit (which has been flying to CUN since 12/03):

FORT LAUDERDALE, FL (June 27, 2005) – Spirit Airlines today announces new, daily, non-stop service between Tampa International Airport and Cancun, Mexico beginning on November 10, 2005. Tampa International Airport currently has no non-stop service to Mexico.

In addition to this new service to Cancun, effective November 10, 2005, Spirit will significantly increase its service to the Caribbean and the Bahamas. As previously announced, Spirit will be adding non-stop service to Nassau, Bahamas from both Orlando and New York’s LaGuardia Airport as well as new non-stop service to Montego Bay and Kingston, Jamaica from Fort Lauderdale. Effective 11/10/05, 24% of Spirit’s schedule will be serving this region.

Spirit currently offers non-stop service to Cancun from both Detroit and Fort Lauderdale with convenient connections from Atlantic City, Chicago/O’Hare, NY/LaGuardia, Providence/Boston Area, and Washington, D.C./Reagan National.

HRDiva

Pilotbob3 said:
keep your speedo's at home.....you won't have any layovers. it'll be a turn

That's OK . . . . . CUN is a little too crowded for my style. Sounds like a productive turn, and I'd rather spend time at my own beach house . . .

no wet t-shirt contests at the hacienda, but at least I'll get lucky most nights and stay out of trouble . . . . .

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back