• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran to furlough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
YGSM, that is nothing but Flame. Our furlough plans will come as a surprise to those we hire for the next while and everyone else in the company. Where did you get that from your Magic 8 Ball? It should have said “Try Again”.

FLB717 said:
YGSM, that is nothing but Flame. Our furlough plans will come as a surprise to those we hire for the next while and everyone else in the company. Where did you get that from your Magic 8 Ball? It should have said “Try Again”.
Look SH*THEAD, I am merely asking a question based on what I heard out there so don't be a smart@ss.

Its called Sarcasm, it is meant as a joke or to show surprise to a situation or in a point of reference, and it's Mr. Sh*thead to you, :p But it sounds better with a French accent (Shi-te'-d)

Then to give a straight response, no we are not going to Furlough. With a delivery schedule, even one now slowed slightly we still will take a new aircraft every 3 weeks. That includes 737 and 717.

So who gave you this rumor? Or will I get some slur based on maybe my Mothers marital status at my birth next. And yes for you guys tempted to responded she was married, and yes it was to my father. yes it was legal, no it didn't involve a shot gun. No they are not related.........................and so on and so on.:D

Last edited:
Hey FLB717,

It's funny, one of my friends at Airtran in B717 newhire training heard that rumor and asked me to confirm it on Flightinfo - LOL.

Now:

Can you give us the specifics on the Airtran delivery schedule?

Questions questions: How many total B737's on firm order RIGHT NOW, and how many options? How many more B717's remaining to be delivered?

Total fleet right now?

Thanks!

I heard the same rumor - turns out the guy I heard it from confused AirTran with AmTran (ATA)...maybe this is the same case...

Yes, yes, it's true . . . . the sky is FALLING! RUN! FORREST! RUN!

Seriously, the new bid package, just released yesterday, shows classes in November and December for 21 717 FO and 12 737 FO's.

So, no, we are not furloughing.

people mix up ata and airtran all the time.

marty

ATA is furloughing. Not Airtran to my knowledge. I have applied there and hope that doesn't change.

Will Airtran have to increase thier advertising budget when ATA stops advertising for them in Chicago? It is amazing how we expect consumers to know the difference when even airline people can't keep them straight.

Latest resources

Back