• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran takes top AQR spot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey congrats to Air Tran guys. I made a little joke on the NWA site and I think they took it personally.

Not to dismiss or deminish the ratings, but does this really change the bottom line. I mean does the industry track how this changes ticket sales or if it has any effect on swaying public opinion?

I mean, why does the industry keep track in the first place? Is it law? Just curious.

Hopefully, it will give you one more shell in your contract negotiation arsenal.

Last edited:
and we still get beat by 6 airlines? I really am confused. I'm sure there are things I don't know.
Two reasons:

1. Our stews weren't alive to see the dawn of the 20th century, and

2. Our passengers aren't subjected to four-hour flights on replacement jets

Hopefully we keep it that way.

Pax do not care if they get a hamburger and chips on a flight if when they get there they are LATE, and they do not get their bags for a few days!

If you have ever lost your bag or someone you know=It is the biggest pain in the a%%!!!

A friend (paying pax) flew on Delta, they lost her bag, 6 days later they found it. I was at the airport in uniform, and I had the bag tag number and they had no clue how to track it !! SAD !!!

I kind of chuckled when I read this today but then had to wonder just how bad things have become in this industry. My beloved Continental is lower than it has been in years. Why I must ask? Our planes are clean, we run ontime more than most, we serve real hot food in both cabins, etc. etc., and we still get beat by 6 airlines? I really am confused. I'm sure there are things I don't know.

Let me enlighten you. The food may be real hot, but not real good. A tasteless chork casserole is not my idea of real food. You operate out of EWR and say you run ontime? Hmmm.

Two reasons:

1. Our stews weren't alive to see the dawn of the 20th century, and

2. Our passengers aren't subjected to four-hour flights on replacement jets

Hopefully we keep it that way.

Ummm, I worked at Airtran for almost 3 years. I'd put our stews up against yours anyday. The other point is well taken!!

Yep.... CaL's stews are much better than AAI's.... unless you like.................. well. nevermind...

Yep.... CaL's stews are much better than AAI's.... unless you like.................. well. nevermind...

I spoke with an inflight supervisor (she also does interviews) and they have begun hiring exclusively from the college.

Don't get me wrong, AirTran has some great FA's. A few I still keep up with however more often than not(and maybe it was my bad luck) I had to walk on eggshells as to not offend anybody. I'm talking about the 0500 van rides where they are on their 500.00 cell phones talking to God knows who on the other end at that time of day etc. etc. Not that we don't have that at CAL(especially new ones in the EWR). Anyway, this was not to start a my airline is better than your airline thread. I was actually kind of joking with my initial post. Congrats AirTran.

Don't get me wrong, AirTran has some great FA's. A few I still keep up with however more often than not(and maybe it was my bad luck) I had to walk on eggshells as to not offend anybody. I'm talking about the 0500 van rides where they are on their 500.00 cell phones talking to God knows who on the other end at that time of day etc. etc. Not that we don't have that at CAL(especially new ones in the EWR). Anyway, this was not to start a my airline is better than your airline thread. I was actually kind of joking with my initial post. Congrats AirTran.

Totally agree with you here man. Fuking $500 cellphones and can't tip the van drivers. Always amazed me.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back