AirTran TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
good luck finding one person who voted YES

Other way around pal. The guys who voted no are here and on the ALPA board, but they are hard to find in the crew lounge.

I went to a road show last week and asked if they had any no voters speaking about their displeasure. The answer? Not one. He even named off one of the loudest critics on the ALPA board who didn't utter a peep the entire time. It figures since I always just hit page down when I see this guy's name on the forum.

I read it, re-read it and asked questions. I don't think anyone was ecstatic about it, but this was it. I am a realist, so I held my nose and voted yes. The NMB was going to park us until after the holidays before the merger was announced. This was it.

Reserves losing pay Muppets? Another person that doesn't understand the system. You'll make MORE during the slow months since you'll get 78 vice 70 at a better pay rate (for me that's about 87 at the old rate). And during the heavy fly months you'll make more. A lot of guys fail to realize that during a month where they use you every day, your pay CREDIT is the same under current book, TA1, TA2 and yes the latest TA.

Ya....at 87% I bet they are hard to find, there are only 200 of us. I said it once...I will say it again. If our pilot group honestly thinks the NMB walked into a room a said they are going to "park" us if we dont agree to this TA then we are a gullible bunch. The union wanted this shoved through so they used scare tactics of "this or nothing" and we bought it.

Reserves losing pay Muppets? Another person that doesn't understand the system. You'll make MORE during the slow months since you'll get 78 vice 70 at a better pay rate (for me that's about 87 at the old rate). And during the heavy fly months you'll make more. A lot of guys fail to realize that during a month where they use you every day, your pay CREDIT is the same under current book, TA1, TA2 and yes the latest TA.

And when was the last time a reserve at our company credited 70 hours? On a heavy month most hover around 100 hours credit, and fly 65- 70 hours. Is there a slow month here on reserve for the 717....havent seen one yet.

Man, the wn guys are gonna be even more P.O'd when the sli is relative.

Man, the wn guys are gonna be even more P.O'd when the sli is relative.

Do you really think that will happen? Just like a staple will not happen I really do not think that will happen. If it did I am sure that SWA will become just like USair. That could be the end of SWA as you know it. I think it will be a 3.5-4.0:1 starting in 1993 with some adjutment for DOH. That way there will not be any Airtran guy over a SWA guy. Then after the fence comes down you bid your new number. Everybody will have to get use to it.

I read it, re-read it and asked questions. I don't think anyone was ecstatic about it, but this was it. I am a realist, so I held my nose and voted yes. The NMB was going to park us until after the holidays before the merger was announced. This was it.

I voted YES or the same reasons. Not happy about it but hopefully it will expedite the transition process.

IMO, if this TA is as bad as even the AirTran pilots who overwhelmingly voted for it say it is, then this gives SWA significant leverage for them to demand the AT pilots be stapled to the SWA list.

I can see GK pulling the original offer and now making it contingent on AT pilots being stapled. If AT pilots won't cooperate, then they will be stuck with a crappy CBA rather than working for a huge pay increase and better quality of life at SWA.

Maybe this was the plan the whole time. Very interesting.

Last edited:
IMO, if this TA is as bad as even the AirTran pilots who overwhelmingly voted for it say it is, then this gives SWA significant leverage for them to demand the AT pilots be stapled to the SWA list.

I can see GK pulling the original offer and now making it contingent on AT pilots being stapled. If AT pilots won't cooperate, then they will be stuck with a crappy CBA rather than working for a huge pay increase and better quality of life at SWA.

Maybe this was the plan the whole time. Very interesting.

Sure.why not. after the results today I wouldnt be surprised if our pilot group would vote YES for a staple. Nothing would surprise me after the floating turd in the bowl we just passed.

I voted YES or the same reasons. Not happy about it but hopefully it will expedite the transition process.

Not a great poker player, I bet, huh? You pretty much just voted away any leverage that you had in a SLI negotiation. Well done.

Latest resources

Back