• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not a great poker player, I bet, huh? You pretty much just voted away any leverage that you had in a SLI negotiation. Well done.

Yep dammit, it's all over now because someone named muppets said he was not confident in our pilot leadership. Crap.

87%? Dang I said 80% pass.

Sounds like Muppet and I are on the same page. Read it, tear it apart and vote on it like you'll choke on it for years.

Glad ya'll are "mostly" happy with it. Shouldn't have to live with it more than a couple of years.

Gup

Yep dammit, it's all over now because someone named muppets said he was not confident in our pilot leadership. Crap.[/QUO

I guess you enjoy being below industry standard....thats ok. I prefer a group of people who shoot for the stars, not shoot a wad on themselves. You and I will enjoy mediocrity together now. Everyone needs to take off the canyon blue sunglasses for a second and make rational decisions. Oops...too late.

I'm actually with Muppets on this one. Kinda sad so many voted for it..

How is the retro money spread around? Longevity?

We kinda need our MEC and NC for the whole merger thingy. Not very wise to have your union further bogged down in negotiations when you are getting aquired. That was my main reasone for a yes vote. Also it is probably the last chance at getting any money

IMO, if this TA is as bad as even the AirTran pilots who overwhelmingly voted for it say it is, then this gives SWA significant leverage for them to demand the AT pilots be stapled to the SWA list.

I can see GK pulling the original offer and now making it contingent on AT pilots being stapled. If AT pilots won't cooperate, then they will be stuck with a crappy CBA rather than working for a huge pay increase and better quality of life at SWA.

Maybe this was the plan the whole time. Very interesting.

Bob Dylan's scratched record talking points:

1. Staple is the only fair thing

2. Have a vote on a staple

3. AirTran Captains are greedy

....skip....skip....skip....skip....skip....

Please explain how it will expedite the transition process?

It will be one less issue to be resolved before Southwest acquires us. Mr. Kelly has stated he wanted our contract resolved before the deal is consummated and I seriously doubt our group of amateurs in the NC was willing to go another round or play chicken with the Grand Champion Stephen K.

It will also show the Arbitrator that we are a reasonable group not militant and unreasonable like the UsAir Easties.

Not a great poker player, I bet, huh? You pretty much just voted away any leverage that you had in a SLI negotiation. Well done.

AWESOME!, you made a post without mentioning any of your 3 monotonous flame bait talking points!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back