• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran T.A. = Vote NO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I see your point. However, I wouldn't put it past this company to play some dirty pool to get what they want. I'm sure I'm not alone in this thought. Lear was/is the most vocal opponent of these concessionary TA's and I can see them wanting him gone at any cost.

Right or wrong it comes down to this...in my opinion Lear has much more credibility than the company does.

That's your decision. You can side with whom ever you like. I'm not picking a side at all. I'm just sick of the disinformation (regardless of who from). Like I said, I don't know what Lear did, or didn't do. I'm sick of the emotional reactions and the playground politics (regardless of who from, and there are about 8 little cliques in that regard). Your opinion is fine.....but facts and evidence are what count, not opinions.

Lot's of people thought Hitler had a lot of credibility too, at first; he proved that not to be quite true in the end, didn't he? Before you give me a bunch of crap, I'm not comparing Lear and Hitler....I'm just saying sometimes things aren't always what they seem.

If Lear was a smart man he'd shut his trap on this forum and let his lawyer do the talking from here on out - even though I'm dying to hear the story and read the letter.

Give 'em hell bro. It's obvious you are a target.

Gup
Yeah, attorney already bit my head off today for posting here again. It's hard not to get suckered in when people attack your honor and ethics.

Thanks to those who have and continue to support those of us who are having to go through this. The NPA is working daily on my case, though I can't speak to anyone else's case, and I hope to be back sooner rather than later.

Regards,

Thanks to those who have and continue to support those of us who are having to go through this. The NPA is working daily on my case,
Regards,

If the NPA can make this work for these folks then many FL'ers should rethink the support they can give back (to the NPA). (Being a non-union kind of guy, I can't believe I just said that)...but best wishes from a lurker. Sad thing is that FL is my favorite airline between a certain SE city and MKE.... but now won't be for a while. I'll take (ugh) Delta. Blue skies Lear, and to the others as well.

Have ANY of you guys considered that MAYBE there just MIGHT be more to the story than any of you know? That you don't have ALL the information to act the judge and jury here?

I've known Lear for a long time. He and I have disagreed on different things at times, but I've never seen any sign of dishonesty on his part. I've always known him to be honest, ethical, and principled. I have no doubt that he's being honest on this.

I've known Lear for a long time. He and I have disagreed on different things at times, but I've never seen any sign of dishonesty on his part. I've always known him to be honest, ethical, and principled. I have no doubt that he's being honest on this.

That may be. And don't get me wrong, I sympathize with his financial situation. It has to suck. I never said he was being dishonest either. I know if it were me, my story would certainly be biased towards making my case. Again, I'm not saying he's guilty of anything. I'm simply really getting tired of the "it's a slam dunk, I hope he get's $2 billion dollars in a settlement" crowd. IF he is proved innocent, then good for him. He deserves his job and deserves to be made whole. My point....since none of us are personally involved, nor could possibly know all the relevant facts, don't be so fast to pass judgment.

I agree with everything that PCL has to say on this. Lear is a very good personal friend of mine and I am speachless as to what has happened with his situation. He is a very passionate person and very honest person. I have no doubt that he is being 100% honest and making the correct choices with this. Its too bad that he is being treated like this....

Innocent until proven guilty applies to the defendant, not the prosecutor. There is no other way to apply it.

It applies to Lear, the defendant. It does not apply to the company or the insurance company, the prosecutors. If the system was fair, the company would have to prove their case before taking action. As it stands now, they can take life-impacting actions based on mere unproven allegations.

Innocent until proven guilty exists to protect the defendant.

The company imposed their punishment BEFORE proving their case. That is a gross travesty of justice. That is why people are angry about this. If the company had actually legally proven anything, there would not be such an uproar. That is also why Lear is almost certain to win.

Last edited:
Please quote the letter EXACTLY or fax it to me. Hard to reply without EXACT context.

Worked a trip the 3rd, 4th, and 5th. Injury happened on the night of the 3rd but didn't hurt bad when I did it (muscle stuff sometimes doesn't show up for a day or two afterwards, makes it hard to report IMMEDIATELY which they complained about also as a violation of the company policy and procedures handbook).

Next day complained to the CA that it was hurting (that was Day 2). Day 3, final day of trip, hurt bad but sucked it up to do 2 legs back to base with lots of Advil. That was the 5th.

6th was really bad, 7 wasn't any better so I tried to see my doctor in the afternoon, but he wouldn't see me. Said there was some conflict of insurance deal for OJI covered events and the second I said "hurt it at work" they wouldn't talk to me.

Next day wasn't better so I finally called "uncle" and got in touch with Floy. Took 3 MORE days for them to finally get me in to see one of their doctors... Not a fun experience.

Lear I wouldn't discuss any of this on web boards if there is going to be court litigation over this. I know at a certain airline from my past web board postings were used against a CEO in a court case. I know its easy to say from my position(not at AT) but fight on!!!..the whole industry is following the contract fight there.

Latest resources

Back