AirTran T.A. = Vote NO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Forgot to mention...

F/O's are now eligible to vote 90 days after their class start date.

That means, in all likelihood, anyone that's off O.E. is vote-eligible.

No reason for this thing not to DIE!

I *think* he meant that he believes half the CA's are going to vote Yes, half the CA's are going to vote No, thus "split 50/50". That's one thing about the internet, it's sometimes hard to determine *intent* or *tone of voice* behind a post.

That is correct.

Captains typically comprise the more senior people and First Officers typically comprise the more junior people seniority wise by total demographic.

To clarify my original post/point... this TA will have less of a total negative impact on the senior people that have already upgraded and are NOT on reserve or facing reserve (i.e. pay, reserve issues, bidding issues etc etc) than more junior people who are NOT Captains, and ARE facing lower pay, and reserve and bidding issues when they upgrade etc.

As a result, obviously there are more senior Captains that will vote yes because of this lower negative impact on their lives. No divide, no finger pointing, just pointing out human nature and the obvious.

We need the people who gain the LEAST from this TA (READ: First Officers) to sway the total vote.

Its all statistics.

This thing needs to be buried. We need a new message from new leadership, that isn't afraid to annoy mangaement. Or let manage. decide who they will be at the table with. Unless they are going to give our negotiating comm. the same power. Lear has pointed out the negatives fairly well. Let's get this over with and refocus on the job with a clean slate. We don't need to be agrreeing to anything concessionary. If we can't get a good contract with record profits, ask yourself when will we?

YES YES NO!
AP has got to go. Make him go back and fly the line.
Scope is way to high.
Pay is way to low.

Vote YES so that Joe Leonard can buy a bigger house and a bigger Lexus and then LAUGH ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK AT YOUR EXPENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On your six.... Your wrong, Joe doesn't drive a Lexus from what I hear.. I think its a Maserati... We better vote yes so he can buy a Ferrari...

1. I am a Captain.

2. I am not on reserve

3. I am voting NO on the TA

4. I am voting No because :

a. The TA sucks, and
b. If you are a Captain you are supposed to be a
leader. If you are a leader then you dont throw
the guy who ' has your back ' under the bus.
Isnt that right Allen .....?

They voted their's down and then voted on the same thing 2 years later.

I still say no!!

I would rather work under the 2001 contract for two more years, while dragging a great contract out of them (as AMR and UAL get their new contracts), than work under this proposed POS for the next 5 or 6 years.

Let's take our time & get it right . . . . .

PS., The Flight Attendents aren't in the drivers' seat.

Last edited:
I don't buy the argument that a lot of Captains are going to be voting "yes." I've flown with about 8 different CAs in the last month, and all but one of them were very adamant "NO" voters. Granted, half of them were reserve CAs and most of the rest were junior lineholders, but it's still a good indication that there aren't too many "yes" votes out there.

all of the f/os plus any captain on reserve should vote no on this and that should be enough....but i would really like to see a lot more no votes to slam this thing really hard....

Latest resources

Back