• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran sucking more money from the flying public

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Or add $15 to all the airfares instead of nickle and diming to death.

Yea but what about us that don't want to pay the fifteen bucks and can make it with only one carry-on????

You should have to pay for the service that is provided to you. Just like corporate jets should pay a fair share of the services that they receive. But they would rather let the fat cats off while the blue collar joe in the back of my Boeing pays 38 percent tax on his ticket.

It's time for CHANGE. Thats GD right.

According with KEVIN HEALY Sr Vice President of marketing for Airtran Airways, company will now charge additional $15 for first check bag on top of the $25 already charge for second bag!!

Come on guys!! fuel is down to the mid 60's a barrel capacity and pilots are been reduce, so how bad is your financial troubles?

Go Away. Raise the prices more I say.

I've never seen a jump-seater who checked in bags unless it was a gate check on a commuter which just doesn't have the space for the std roll-on bags. When I jump-seat, my bags stay with me except on the small boys who don't have room. I don't want to be stuck somewhere without at least one change of clothes.

If you're on a pass, you will probably have to pay the fee like everybody else.

I do not check bags unless there is absolutely no choice. My roll-on and computer case are all I need, but I usually travel alone.

Last edited:
Heck I'll pay it. My company just authorized travel on USAirways to Den from CLT and back for training at the hot deal price of $1200.....I rebooked on Air Tran for $402.00 and get to travel bank half of 800 bucks and don't have to pay for my can of Coke ( I'm still boycotting LCC until they quit charging for water).

Last edited:
Come on guys!! fuel is down to the mid 60's a barrel capacity and pilots are been reduce, so how bad is your financial troubles?

What do you care? What are you, about 20? Living in your parent's basement? Christ, get a life, kid.

:rolleyes:

......lol.....no need to take it soo personal.
ohh!! I am 35 and live in the NYC. No basement there!

That explains the pair of balls hanging underneath the tranny bending over the bike.

Yea but what about us that don't want to pay the fifteen bucks and can make it with only one carry-on????

You should have to pay for the service that is provided to you. Just like corporate jets should pay a fair share of the services that they receive. But they would rather let the fat cats off while the blue collar joe in the back of my Boeing pays 38 percent tax on his ticket.

It's time for CHANGE. Thats GD right.

Well, figure a good chunk of that is to payoff the pension guarantee that most of the airlines have "imposed" on the rest of the public.

No bailouts for us frac guys, not needed.

Pick another complaint, the taxes on the ticket just help keep you in business.

According with KEVIN Come on guys!! fuel is down to the mid 60's a barrel capacity and pilots are been reduce, so how bad is your financial troubles?

Not for Airtran. We are hedged at $120 a barrel. The fares overall are cheap, and if you are the type that doesn't have checked bags you save even more money.

I think it is pretty easy to pack for a week in one bag that fits in the overhead or under the seat. If you can't pack that well there are websites out there I am sure with plenty of tips. If you have so much crap that you can't fit it in one bag that is your problem.

more Weight = more fuel burn on an airplane

Last edited:

Sounds like something Obama would say. Our owners our providing plenty of money to the government as it is in the form of income taxes, etc.

Our owners pay a monthly management fee (thousand of dollars) plus thousands of dollars for fuel per flight on top of the hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars they pay to buy a share of an aircraft. They are paying more than their fair share for services received.

That's a bit different than paying taxes on an airline ticket. I do agree that paying 38% in taxes on an airline ticket is rediculous though especially when consistantly receiving poor service.

Latest resources

Back