• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran sucking more money from the flying public

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not for Airtran. We are hedged at $120 a barrel.
Airtran is only hedged 30% for November and December. So we are paying close to $2 a gallon for Jet A for 70% of fuel needs. Rumors are of a small profit for 4th quarter. Airtran.com showing an estimate of a $80 million profit for 2009.

We will be OK. Profits and a more labor friendly NMB should help us get some leverage for contract 2009.

[
We will be OK. Profits and a more labor friendly NMB should help us get some leverage for contract 2009.[/quote]

Why do we blame the administration for or lack of a contract. It is our lack of unity and a set of balls that has prevented us from getting anything done with our contract. Last I check the president was not sitting in on our BOD meetings....
I guess everything will be better with the choosen one..

Do you think now is the time to push for a contract. The company will do nothing but a concessionary contract with the industry in the condition it is in. The contract we (cough) HAVE could be alot worse. Now dont get me wrong there are still plenty of things wrong with it and need to be fixed. However paticence can be our best friend. Look at what happened with the contract we are under (cough) now. the contract Neg. were doing the same thing dragging out. Then the compny needed boeing to refinance, boeings responce was not til your labor (pilot) groups contract was done. It was amazing how quick we had a contract. The same thing can and will happen again. There will come an opening the company wants and will have to sit down with the pilot group and offer us what is right with a new contract to get what they want. Now I know there are as many opinions out there are pilots so go at it.

Why do we blame the administration for or lack of a contract. It is our lack of unity and a set of balls that has prevented us from getting anything done with our contract. Last I check the president was not sitting in on our BOD meetings....
I guess everything will be better with the choosen one..
I definitely don't think everything will be better with the chosen one. I think the economy will be worse as everyone will think the government will be there to bail them out. Also, not too thrilled with the green Democrats objecting to every new refinery, drilling rig, or nuclear plant proposed to be built over the last 30 years.

But I try to look on the bright side as he will be our president for the next 4 years. I hope he can find some bi-partisan solutions for helping our economy (not fix the economy, the government can't fix anything). I am also encouraged that the NMB should swing more to left over the next year which should help us gain some leverage and share in the profitability should be able to attain that in 2009.

I definitely don't think everything will be better with the chosen one. I think the economy will be worse as everyone will think the government will be there to bail them out. Also, not too thrilled with the green Democrats objecting to every new refinery, drilling rig, or nuclear plant proposed to be built over the last 30 years.

But I try to look on the bright side as he will be our president for the next 4 years. I hope he can find some bi-partisan solutions for helping our economy (not fix the economy, the government can't fix anything). I am also encouraged that the NMB should swing more to left over the next year which should help us gain some leverage and share in the profitability should be able to attain that in 2009.
I hope you are right.

Do you think now is the time to push for a contract. The company will do nothing but a concessionary contract with the industry in the condition it is in.

The Company would have no choice if each pilot would only pull their head out of their collective @sses and took charge of the situation. . . . and that's the fact, Jack.

Last edited:
Did anyone read the ajc article about Southwest looking at either Spirit or AirTran for Carribean code shares?

Southwest stated that Spirit is an even more bare bones ops than them.

The article metonioned Southwest posted a loss and now is focussing on code shares = Some one for Mexico, Canada, Hawaii, Caribbean.

Can the NPA tell how much the re-training cost for all those displacements and if the reduced staff is saving money?

What a way to reward employees for getting #1 in customer satisfaction. Take a look in the GO magazine about how the employees are so great.

How many furloughed pilots will get a present from management? Thank you pilots for looking out for the kids of the furloughed pilots. (Maybe a positive ad in the ajc to inform the public how generous our pilots are.)

Good luck and stay safe. (I would say don't fly sick but United just got sued for the same statement and the judge ruled in favor of the airline not ALPA.)

Sorry I don't work there anymore, I really miss the negotiating years. The Holidays do mean more when you know you have them all off.

Latest resources

Back