• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Studies B717 replacements

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Exactly. I non-rev a fair amount. Some of the routes are still packed and could probably handle a 737-800. But many routes are still wide open. Im non-reving this weekend and the flights are wide open. And Im non reving between 2 major cities.

I didn't realize "The Village People" were still playing in major cities. . . Thuper!

Hey, GT, maybe you could take a couple minutes away from your Fan Club President duties and make a donation to help our Contract Hostages:

www.PilotCrisisFund.com

Of the aircraft designs AAI is looking at, they have stated that they want something in the 100-120 seat range. That is too large to be an RJ. How many seats does NWA's DC9's have? Does anyone refer to them as RJ's?

There will be no RJ payscales at AAI.

The B717 pay scale will be the floor for these new aircraft. The B737-700 currently pays the same as the B717 as both are considered in the SNB class. The B737-800 and above (in the LNB class) pays 13% higher.

This is all under the current contract. I highly doubt that the MEC is going to allow anything less in the next contract.

you are correct sir!

Take a 717 route and then put a smaller aircraft with similar CASM and presto your profits will increased. With less seats you can charge a premium.

Until more competition arrives.

Ty

Well I was going to, but then I saw that your name is on the commitee. Why in the world would someone send money to any kind of fund that you take part in?? Its too bad that someone with class, respect, and someone who doesn't run their mouth off all the time isn't the fund administrator. Because I don't trust you to do the right thing with the money. Its sad, because those guys could probably use the help.

Last edited:
you are correct sir!

Take a 717 route and then put a smaller aircraft with similar CASM and presto your profits will increased. With less seats you can charge a premium.

Not necessarily, just because you charge a premium doesn't mean people pay it. Especially to tourist destinations. They will go to the next airline who charges 3 bucks less.

Ty

Well I was going to, but then I saw that your name is on the commitee.

Any excuse will do, when you're a scab, or a scab-in-training.

Since you can't even spell "committee", it's pretty obvious you've never served on one. What've you done for this Pilot Group, besides run your man-pleaser?

Now your calling me a scab? Dude, you really can't be for real. You are an idiot. Funny thing is, you have no idea how big of an idiot you are.

If you look at the specs on the CS100/300 it fits right in the 100-120 seat range with 2-class configuration, has almost 3000NM range and is more economical than others in the 100-ish seat class. The CS100/300's would allow us to do everything that we do with the 717 and allow opportunities to grow into thinner markets that we can't serve non-stop with the 717. Sounds like a good fit to me. Adding a couple dozen 737-800's sounds like a necessary step also. No matter what happens regarding the fleet plan, we just need to make sure that AirTran pilots are the ones that are flying AirTran passengers.

Latest resources

Back