Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Strike Vote...98 percent say YES!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Radarlove- that was the most irrational nonsense I've seen in a while.
You know when mgmt takes concessions or gives themselves payraise - it's just business-well it's just business on the pilot side too-
I see nothing wrong as the most valuable employees in taking 20% from shareholders. There would be no product without us-

As was mentioned- just how long did you expect FL pilots to be low paid when their company is successful? Sorry, but rewards in capitalism are part of the deal...

AirTran 'Management' have known for five years that they were going to have to pay this $80-$100 million dollar cost. They have delayed, lied, manipulated, fired and furloughed their way to this point.

I hope that for every year they were able to cash in on operating under an amenable contract - They put some money in an account labeled ' Strike Fund' ;)

It's time for them to Pay the Piper.

You guys are reading me wrong. I don't care one way or another about the expected raise (actually, I do, I hope you get it), I just crack up when the argument, "You only have to raise fares by $5 to get there" is used.

Last edited:
I wonder what the strike vote percentage was before Eastern struck? And how many of these guys have now voted twice?

Never forget.

I think this guy was referring to the Eastern pilots who formed ValuJet.

Just a guess, judging from the 'never forget' part.

I wonder what the strike vote percentage was before Eastern struck? And how many of these guys have now voted twice?

Never forget.

Most of them can't vote because they did not join when ALPA was voted in. There also is a group of Eastern New Hire Alumni (Class of 1989-91) that never had the opportunity to vote because they were never members of ALPA when they became new hires.

Lear and Max . . . you guys are right on the money.

Every $1,000. dollars per pilot equals about $1.7 million in direct hourly compensation costs, multiplied by a certain factor to cover retirement, FICA and Medicare and Social Security (up to a certain level).

Using a figure of $2 mil in costs for every thousand dollars per pilot provides a pretty reasonable basis for estimates.

Lear and Max . . . you guys are right on the money.

Every $1,000. dollars per pilot equals about $1.7 million in direct hourly compensation costs, multiplied by a certain factor to cover retirement, FICA and Medicare and Social Security (up to a certain level).

Using a figure of $2 mil in costs for every thousand dollars per pilot provides a pretty reasonable basis for estimates.

Does that include 5 years of retroactive pay? If not, using whatever assumption you want, how much would that be? Half a billion?

Does that include 5 years of retroactive pay? If not, using whatever assumption you want, how much would that be? Half a billion?

If the Contract difference is $60 mil/yr and the contract has been amendable for 5, that would be $300Million. What exactly is your point?

Spoken like a congressman raising taxes. You do realize, do you not, that Airtran can't raise fares without losing customers?

I'm constantly amazed that every pilot I've come across apparently got through college without taking even an intro to economics course.

If you plan on taking 20% of the net profit, then be honest and say that you're taking the profit from the shareholders and putting it in your pocket.

there isn't some magical well of money that Airtran corporate can dip into by raising fares to "offset" higher wages. Your fares are already set where profits are maximized.

Why not raise fares $50 per ticket to fund a new pension plan?

Absolute F-ing tool. The share holders have no right to outsized returns by using the RLA and management friendly politicians to make Airtran pilots work for below market wages and benefits.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back