• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lear70

JAFFO
Big surprise... ;)

http://pressroom.airtran.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=201565&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1542158&highlight=
AirTran Stockholders Approve Southwest Merger
Merger Currently Expected to Close in Second Quarter of 2011 -
ORLANDO, Fla., March 23, 2011 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ --

AirTran Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: AAI), the parent company of AirTran Airways, announced today that its stockholders voted overwhelmingly to approve the merger of a wholly-owned subsidiary of Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE: LUV) with and into AirTran at a special meeting held today in Orlando. More than 98.6 percent of the votes cast and 77.5 percent of shares outstanding were voted in favor of the transaction.

"We are grateful for our stockholders' strong vote of confidence in this merger," said Bob Fornaro, AirTran's chairman, president and chief executive officer. "In approving the transaction, our stockholders recognized the value of bringing together AirTran and Southwest to create a platform for increased profitability and sustainable long-term value."

AirTran and Southwest announced the proposed merger on September 27, 2010. The companies are awaiting clearance on the proposed merger from the United States Department of Justice. The merger is currently expected to close by during the second quarter of 2011.

Until the acquisition is approved and finalized, both carriers will continue to operate independently. For more information, please visit: www.lowfaresfarther.com.

AirTran Airways is a Fortune 1000 company and has been ranked the number one low cost carrier in the Airline Quality Rating study for the past three years. AirTran Airways is the only major airline with Gogo Inflight Internet on every flight and offers coast-to-coast service on North America's newest all-Boeing fleet. Our low-cost, high-quality product also includes assigned seating, Business Class and complimentary XM Satellite Radio on every flight. To book a flight, visit www.airtran.com.

LUV is in the air! It's a match made in airline heaven.

Do you, Southwest Airlines, take AirTran Airways, to your lawfully wedded airline. To have and to hold, in good times and bad, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?

SWA: " I do".

Do you, Air Tran Airways (same vows): " I do".

With the authority given to me by the Dept. of Justice and Shareholders Air Tran Airways, I proudly proclaim you both, one airline.

You may takeoff into the sunset! :)

LUV is in the air! It's a match made in airline heaven.

Do you, Southwest Airlines, take AirTran Airways, to your lawfully wedded airline. To have and to hold, in good times and bad, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?

SWA: " I do".

Do you, Air Tran Airways (same vows): " I do".

With the authority given to me by the Dept. of Justice and Shareholders Air Tran Airways, I proudly proclaim you both, one airline.

You may takeoff into the sunset! :)

Cheesy, in so many ways.........

Latest resources

Back