AirTran Reports Loss

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Boy the "LCC's" are really on a roll.

So who will be in BK first, JBLU or Air Trash?

I'll go with JBLU, and put the over-under at 5 years.

Actually they have been around since 93. So I think you need to your math again.

I know. Did they make money when they were Valujet? I think they had some losses during that period but no one wants to admit the heritage of this carrier.

Grossly overpaid management is the reason. The $ amount of the loss will again equal to that of the BOD’s performance bonus for the year. Not like it hasn’t happened before... How much more does Leonard make compared to his counterparts at ANY other airline, major or not? The disparity is huge & unjust (Southwest's CEO makes less). I thought no one was "special" at this airline & everyone was a "crewmember."

Last edited:
SAP 2 trades are being awarded- my first one was at 1224.

Hmmm . . . 17 days off, Thanksgiving off, couple of weekends off . . . yeah, it sucks to be a 5th year 737 Captain at AirTran.

Guess I'll go find a dog to kick . . . ;)

Hey Ty,

I don't have a dog in this fight, but you may want to employ some humility. Yeah, you guys are doing ok now, but we all know that can change in an instant. No one is immune. However, your posts are always so condescending to everyone. I know you get flack everytime you post, but did you ever think why?

I wish you AAI guys continued success - many of my former ATA buds work there now.

Hey Ty,

I don't have a dog in this fight, but you may want to employ some humility. Yeah, you guys are doing ok now, but we all know that can change in an instant.

Yup. Agreed.

No one is immune. However, your posts are always so condescending to everyone.

Only when provoked . . .

I know you get flack everytime you post, but did you ever think why?

Who really cares what squirts out of the nozzle of some of these dooooosh -bags like Chucky/LT3210/Snake/etc.? They're a disgruntled bunch of wieners and whiners and are not to be taken seriously at any cost . . . .

Last edited:
Here's my 2-cents... The majors have their costs under control now and they have HUGE route structures with flights all around the world. This makes them more desirable than the LCC's (where are you gonna want to go with your frequent flier miles?) I would be willing to bet that if the LCC's continue to struggle, you will see consolidation amoung LCC's in order to achieve a stronger route structure around the U.S. Also, don't be suprised when the LCC's realize how important international routes are to the Legacy's and start to enter the overseas markets. (your already seeing some of that with Mexico and the Carribean). The tables may be starting to lean towards the Legacy's, but, if you think the LCC's are gonna roll over, you are wrong. Remeber, many of them made money during the biggest downturn in U.S. airline history. I bet its not a stretch to say that in 10 years there will be no such thing as low fair carriers.. Just airlines. As far as AAI loosing money, not really a big deal, I think they will still make a fair chunk of money for 2006. BTW.. I wouldn't be suprised to see an AAI/Frontier merger. Or an AAI/Alaska merger (this one would only happen if AL started hurting, and someone like AMR didn't buy them first). Or, how about a JBlue/Spirit merger (this would take seats off the east coast and give JBlue some good gates). How about JBlue/Frontier?? Things changed for the Legacy's, their commuters, and things will change for the LCC's as well.....

Don't bother Ty, I figure he is a disgruntled ex Eastern pilot hired at UAL. If we started flying to O'Hare from Atlanta, he would be all smiles trying to hitch a ride, then still bash us anonymously on this forum. Too bad the majority of pilots at AirTran were in High School or College when EAL went down. Very sad individual, try not to raise his blood pressure, he might make Captain at United if they raise the retirement age.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who really cares what squirts out of the nozzle of some of these dooooosh -bags like Chucky/LT3210/Snake/etc.? They're a disgruntled bunch of wieners and whiners and are not to be taken seriously at any cost . . . .

I agree; I've had my own run-ins with Chucky. I think people get a kick out of getting a rise out of posters on this board.

Ty Webb, how can you say pay raises are justified now that you are losing money and the legacies are after you?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back