• Friendliest aviation community on the web

PCL_128

Time for new leadership. Here's the results from the recall ballot:

2007 Ballot for the Proposed Recall of NPA President and Vice-President

The ballots cast were as follows:

Please select Yes or No to recall the President of the NPA
Total %of Total Votes

Yes, I vote for the recall of NPA President, Captain Allen Philpot. 755 66.70
No, I vote against the recall of NPA President, Captain Allen Philpot. 377 33.30

Please select Yes of No to recall the Vice-President of the NPA

Yes, I vote fo the recall of NPA Vice-President, Captain Michael Surpine 842 74.38
No, I vote against the recall of NPA Vice-President, Captain Michael Surpine 290 25.62

There were 1462 eligible voters, for which 1132 cast ballots, representing 77.4% of the eligible voters. Of the 1132 ballots received, 369 (32.6%) were cast via IVR, and 763 (67.4%) were cast via the Web. There were 0 ballots cast in which the voter did not make a selection.

Captain Allen Philpot will send out a statement later today.

good luck fellers.

i nominate lear70 for the job: he has a level head, has displayed leadership skills, and demonstrates a clear understanding of the economic situation at hand at air tran. RM for the job!

Now we need to make sure we vote this turd down.

I worked with a couple Captains that thought this new TA was a great improvement. As I read the bullet points and pointed out the huge give backs I got the standard "that won't affect me" and my favorite "the company wouldn't do that"

Ok but is there a good replacement waiting in the wings? And if so who?

Lear70 (RM) without a doubt. He has clearly shown the analytical ability during this TA process, and he seems to have a good strategic mind for the process ahead.

good luck fellers.

i nominate lear70 for the job: he has a level head, has displayed leadership skills, and demonstrates a clear understanding of the economic situation at hand at air tran. RM for the job!

Dude, you don't work at AirTran, the merger fell through!

Last edited:
Now we need to make sure we vote this turd down.

I worked with a couple Captains that thought this new TA was a great improvement. As I read the bullet points and pointed out the huge give backs I got the standard "that won't affect me" and my favorite "the company wouldn't do that"

I've heard many of the same comments. Hopefully this recall result is a good indication of how the pilots feel about the TA, but I'm not confident. This TA needs to go down just as big as the recall results for us to have real power to negotiate a good agreement.

Latest resources

Back