AirTran Recall Results

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lear

Were you hurt during a preflight/postflight or "helping out" w/ strollers etc?

As far as item 2. you are referring to checking up on you while you are out on workers comp correct? Or, is there more?

Last edited:
I"ve had 2 back surgeries in 2 years. There are days I feel like a million bucks and can do about whatever I want. There are days it hurts to go up a flight up stairs. I don't think a PI could ever tell the difference.

I haven't missed much work--but my point is if you are hurting an outside observer cannot really tell. Now--if you are waterskiing on Lake Lanier--I think that's pretty obvious. But even walking down the street, mowing the lawn, or picking up some goodies at Home Depot doesn't indicate "sick" or "not sick", injured or uninjured.

It was during post-flight, DTW overnight and yes, getting a stroller out of the forward cargo bin with no rampers around to grab it. Trying to help out the passengers...

Not really going to speak about the details of the meeting quite yet,,, I will simply say that their "issues" are completely without merit and we proved that today in the meeting.

Thanks to everyone for their concern and support, we have to support each other... united we bargain... divided we beg. Great slogan, and says it all.

Meeting is done. A couple things to note:

1. They're using a court reporter and taking your DEPOSITION at the meeting. Refusal to submit is basis for termination, per the employee handbook. No, I'm not kidding.

2. They're using private investigators to check on crewmembers at home. No, I'm not kidding.

3. I still don't know the outcome.

As far as ALPA goes, I'd be willing to listen to what they could do for us as a group, but they're not a quick "fix-all".

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-883568.html

Be careful dude!

count me in the F*%$ NO camp for ALPA! They aren't getting another penny from me, if I have anything to say about it!

count me in the F*%$ NO camp for ALPA! They aren't getting another penny from me, if I have anything to say about it!

I agree ALPA is the last thing we need. They will put out of business so that Delta can grow and in the end make more money for themselves. Remember Eastern. We don't need the something to happen here. Strong leadership is what we need not ALPA.

I agree ALPA is the last thing we need. They will put out of business so that Delta can grow and in the end make more money for themselves. Remember Eastern. We don't need the something to happen here. Strong leadership is what we need not ALPA.
Roger dat! ALPA has no place here!

Now we need to make sure we vote this turd down.

I worked with a couple Captains that thought this new TA was a great improvement. As I read the bullet points and pointed out the huge give backs I got the standard "that won't affect me" and my favorite "the company wouldn't do that"

What a mentality. I think pilots who think like this need to have their names broadcast.

Were these guys former Eastern?

What a mentality. I think pilots who think like this need to have their names broadcast.

Were these guys former Eastern?

Not all of them. Some are just selfish and greedy.

Roger dat! ALPA has no place here!

Many other pilot groups once said the same thing, and finally came to the conclusion that it was impossible to accomplish the same thing alone that they could accomplish with ALPA. FedEx is the greatest example of this. They were ALPA, then they got angry and left ALPA, then they realized they screwed up and begged ALPA to take them back. Now they're one of the strongest groups within ALPA.

We need to get rid of this isolationist mentality and realize that reinventing the wheel is only getting us into trouble. Personally, I won't be voting for any candidate that won't at least consider the idea of ALPA representation in the near future.

Latest resources

Back