• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Recall Results

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can we just say current contract plus fix these scheduling problems, a definite long call, 0 pay for the first year FOs since I am now in my second year, plus a raise for every one else except first year FOs, we should back the bus over them then go forward over them then lock up the brakes then just kidding I am drunk.

Can we just say current contract plus fix these scheduling problems, a definite long call, 0 pay for the first year FOs since I am now in my second year, plus a raise for every one else except first year FOs, we should back the bus over them then go forward over them then lock up the brakes then just kidding I am drunk.
Forgot to edit that before you went to bed, eh? Too late now... ;)

Seriously, I guess I won't be running for anything anytime soon. Call it Allen Philpot's parting gift to the Association.

Very quietly, very unannouncedly, even on the NPA website or via email, the BoD changed the bylaws on August 21st, first time in 3 years.

There aren't many changes, a few re-organizational paragraph things, but one of the few changes that was made raises the minimum time required to serve as an executive officer (Pres, V.P., Sec/Treas) from 1 year (previously) to 2 years now as an active member.

A member becomes "active" 90 days from their 1st day of class or the day they finish IOE, whichever is LAST, so 2 years, 3 months from when you start class before you can be elected to a BoD position.

Hmmm... I wonder what prompted that? The NPA is putting themselves in a really nasty legal position...

Rich must be in the mix to represent the FO's!!! I don't think any of the aforementioned guys are concerned with FO pay. Even the good guy capt's I fly with don't list FO pay as a factor for voting NO. THE RAISES GIVEN TO THE TOP 25% SHOULD BE APPLIED TO THE BOTTOM 50%. This TA is criminal and the blind greed by those who need it the least is just sad.

dont expect schroll to do any favors for FO's ive heard him express his feelings multiple times that checking out as a captain is something that used to take decades and just because you came here with expectations for a shorter upgrade there is nothing wrong with walking to school in the snow into the wind and uphill -both ways. because afterall thats how it used to be.

Turns out the black helicopter theory is simply shabby bookkeeping by the NPA.

They left a 2004 "draft" on their server which I got and downloaded and was working off of. The most current Aug 2007 bylaws they are saying was actually voted on 2 years ago in 2005, and it's just now making it to its "final" version... whatever that's about.

Either way, that's another year basically until I'm elligible for office. Probably didn't need the stress anyway, but can still analyze T.A.'s. :D

Lear,
That does not prevent you from being on the NC does it?
This is BS - changes to the bylaws which were finalized when AP and MS knew they were getting fired should be invalidated. Shouldn't a change to bylaws require ratification by the membership? Can we petition to change it back to one year?
Lear - how is that memrat petition coming?

Check BD's board for Lear's current status.

Latest resources

Back