Airtran Profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Citrusflyer

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Airtran Holdings Inc. [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica](AAI)[/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica] Thursday reported second-quarter earnings of $32 million, or 33 cents a share, up from a year-ago profit of $11.4 million, or 13 cents a share. Revenue rose 44.2% in the latest three months to $528.2 million from $366.3 million in the same period a year earlier. The average estimate of analysts polled by Thomson First Call was for a profit of 28 cents a share in the June period.

Not bad, we "beat the street".......
[/FONT][/FONT]

CONGRATS CITRUS! I commute on you guys a lot and I hope this helps your negotiations! Thanks for the rides to MDW. You folks are a class act!

Nice!! Lets hope they settle the contract soon, because if they keep showing profits like that....their argument for a concessionary contract is pretty much out the window....well.... its out the window anyway.

;)

The rapidly expanding airline said capacity grew 23.3%, but its load factor, or occupancy rate, increased by 2.4 percentage points to a record 78.1%

Not only did we increase capacity but our load factor jumped by 3%!

Last edited:
Management had the opportunity to settle these contract negotiations 1 year ago, while most every other airline was reporting losses. Even the union told them it would behoove them to do this.

Instead their corporate greed and bonuses where as high as ever. They continued to call for concessions that were supposedly needed to keep the company viable.

Well, today's results just go to prove that our union was right on target with their assessment of the situation and now the Company doesn't have a leg to stand on in negotiations.

Wilson Center Polling will be commencing to re-guage the pilot groups' thoughts on where our new compensation levels should be given todays profit announcement.

I say about 30%, plus all the improvements to work rules, scheduling, reserve, hotels, retirement, vacation, sick leave, merger protection, and of course...unlimited jumpseats for all our OAL friends.

Why so angry Upper.. ? Let it go man..

CONTRACT !... no logo lights till we get a TA I say... Management believes there is no solidarity amongst the brothers.. I think they are flat wrong..

mnboyev said:
Why so angry Upper.. ? Let it go man..

CONTRACT !... no logo lights till we get a TA I say... Management believes there is no solidarity amongst the brothers.. I think they are flat wrong..

congrats on the profit! I should of included that.

Latest resources

Back