Airtran Profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mnboyev said:
CONTRACT !... no logo lights till we get a TA I say... Management believes there is no solidarity amongst the brothers.. I think they are flat wrong..

I think management is second guessing themselves right now. I see solidarity growing. It is the union's job to solidify it into one strong voice. We can each do our part by giving the pilots the facts...such as management's continued bonuses to themselves and disrespect of the pilot group not to mention the current contract. That in itself plus this record quarterly profit is a good rallying call.

However, turning off Logo lights is a bad move in my opinion. We have a directive from Flt. Ops. not to do this. The Logo lights are for safety reasons as well as free advertising. There are other things we can do to get our point across.

Last edited:
DonVerita said:
The Logo lights are for safety reasons as well as free advertising. There are other things we can do to get our point across.
Safety reasons????? While I disagree with the logo-light-out-concept, I cannot fathom how they would be related to safety in anyway.

Don, I agree with both of your posts wholeheartedly.

The logo light, though, is not required. Anything other than the required lights (ie beacon, position lights, nav lights, etc) are at the Captain's discretion, and an email from "Coach" is not the same as a bulletin or a change to the AOM or FOM.

Now, if you choose to operate with your logo light "on" for safety reasons, and someone informs you it appears to be "off", well, you should probably taxi back to the gate and call for MX. After all, you wouldn't want to taxi around with that safety item inop, right? I know I would.

Last edited:
Congrats

Nice job citrus!! In comparison, your airline had a little less than double the revenue but managed 8 TIMES the profit of F9! I am happy we are profitable over here but you guys kicked all sorts of ass last quarter. I have not read the report yet, do you guys have a hedge position?

The profit came directly from our paychecks, I haven't been paid correctly in months.

Ty Webb said:
After all, you wouldn't want to taxi around with that safety item inop, right?

Ty,

I believe you see the big picture. We wouldn't want to taxi around with anything even slightly inop now would we?

As for the logo light...we almost taxied straight into a crossing Delta MD80 one foggy night in ATL. He didn't have his logo light on. If he did, my close encounter with a heart attack could probably have been avoided. I will continue to use my logo light at all times during night ops.

For the guys who are not wearing their union pins...get one! Same for bag tags and stickers. A simple call to our union office will get whatever you need sent out to you. Ask for extras so you can hand them out on the spot to those who don't have them. Wear that pin proudly on your tie or jacket lapel and question those who aren't. This is why peer pressure was invented.

Excellent showing! Congrats to my buds down in ATL

Latest resources

Back