• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I cant display my "NO TA" tag, then I guess I will have to take the time to tell every pilot I see that I removed it per the crew message. It just might take me 30 minutes or more to make that journey from 1A over to D2.

Did anyone else notice how perfectly it fit on the Contract 2005 bag tag?

Do you really think that the CPO msg. was directed at both sides of the issue? The company knows that this TA will go down in flames, they don't want passengers and other employee groups to see our obvious displeasure .
No, but I guess I could have posted both sides of it, as suggested, just didn't think it was necessary, given that it is, more than likely, in response to all the Vote No paraphernalia floating around ops.

I also don't think it came directly from FP... he doesn't strike me as someone who would get wrapped around the axle about it, although I could be wrong. He's been more than fair and helpful in the last year and change, as has everyone at that level of management.

I believe that directive came from higher up the food chain and, if they want me to take it off my bag, I will; that's fine. I still plan on going to the road shows as often as possible and distributing them there... Again, this isn't personal. I'm not "after the company", I simply came here for a REASON and that was, in large part, because of the work rules.

This T.A. directly affects those in a largely-negative way, and I won't apologize for campaigning against those changes and remaining current book until we can get something that DOES work for everyone.

I hope everyone attends a COMPLETE road show.... I am on the fence now. Reserve WILL SUCK but at the benefit of everyone else. Not telling you to vote yes or no but, please go to a road show. I went to one at the NPA office and it was 3 hours of uninterrupted information and strategery that you cannot see in the TA....
-TC

I hope everyone attends a COMPLETE road show.... I am on the fence now. Reserve WILL SUCK but at the benefit of everyone else. Not telling you to vote yes or no but, please go to a road show. I went to one at the NPA office and it was 3 hours of uninterrupted information and strategery that you cannot see in the TA....
-TC

No need for a road show scope = NO!!!!!! 100 seat airplanes flown by a regional no thanks. If it has A on the tail we fly them. Don’t forget the gem that allows unlimited turbo props ( Ask Frontier how that is going with the Q400).

-TC
Yes, and much of it is incorrect.

I got a phone call this afternoon from another F/O who had been to a roadshow then read my list. The BOD is still claiming things that are NOT supported in writing and that, quite literally, are polar opposites of what is actually written in the sections.

The BOD was actually claiming that the 3.5 reserve pay for unused reserve days is still paid on top of guarantee. WTF? Nowhere in the new T.A.

We went through this at my last carrier, the company brought forth this great pairing generator based on relaxed work rules, and showed us a lot of really great things. Our MEC was smart enough to tell them they wanted a 90-day parallel bid to see how it would actually affect our lives.

The lines that were produced under ACTUAL company input was SO bad, that it never did pass, even 2 years after the company continuing to tweak it and do parallel bids.

The only "strategy" I hope is hiding behind the scenes is to get it voted DOWN by a large margin, and have more bargaining power going BACK for something that's better than current book.

This ain't it.

Again, if the work rule changes that IMPROVE our life are not IN WRITING, IN BLACK AND WHITE, then IT DOES NOT EXIST. Show it to me, prove it to me, or I have no choice but to vote NO.

Last edited:
No need for a road show scope = NO!!!!!! 100 seat airplanes flown by a regional no thanks. If it has A on the tail we fly them. Don’t forget the gem that allows unlimited turbo props ( Ask Frontier how that is going with the Q400).

Nothing like making an informed decision, way to go!

Go to the road show. Ask your questions, all of them. I did. All were answered, not all to my complete satisfaction; but that information combined with what is in black and white opened my eyes a lot. Lear has made many (OK more than many) fantastic points and some of the counterpoints to his information was well worth the time spent. Vent all you want on flightinfo, but atleast get the answers straight from the horses mouth. You owe yourself and the rest of us that!

Besides everything else Lear has mentioned, the 13 hour duty day is a big no for me. just ask the F/A's. They can be scheduled for 14 hour duty days with unlimited flying, ask any of them if they are sitting more or less. It's ready reserve at an outstation. It's actually quite embarrassing that the BOD buys into the companies sales pitch that this can somehow be good for us?

Another little tid-bit. There is still language saying captains can be junior assigned or extended to fly as F/O's. In the training section it does say that any right seat flying will be voluntary. We paid for a total rewrite to protect us against issues like this where one section says one thing and another says something contrary. I think we ought to send it back to get our money's worth.

PS I'm not throwing reserves under the bus to improve my quality of life because we don't need to. Even if I could believe the company would act in good faith and the planets were all in alignment and it was the 7th blue moon before the ammendable date and I could have a month of 2 and 3 day trips with no sit times that averaged 13 and 19 hours credit respectively, I would not vote for something that will end up drawing the lowest common denominators that will end up in my right seat.

PSS Been to a whole roadshow, saw full presentation, not all questions answered and brought up more questions. I'm further towards no than before. If you're not mgmts dream and are truly concerned about language and intent (not more promises and verbal side agreements and understandings) I also encourage you to go. It could very well solidify your no vote.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back