• Start date
  • Watchers 48

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How did u come to that? Nether side has done anything. Merger committees have met what like three times? Just because people like popping off on FI means nothing. And besides most of the people with their mouth opened don't work for either company.

Last edited:
It will never be anything like USAIR, unless you merge two unhappy pilot groups. SWA and G holdings will never merge unless it is a good deal for all. All I know is I trust GK and company, and SWAPA.

It will never be anything like USAIR, unless you merge two unhappy pilot groups. SWA and G holdings will never merge unless it is a good deal for all. All I know is I trust GK and company, and SWAPA.

One group, a large orange one, will be unhappy because the arbitrators didn't put the smaller group on the bottom of the combined list, and also didnt require them to all reinterview, or do a full year of probation after joining the bigger airline! (a corndog on my jumpseat actually suggested that, no bull-- I just laughed)

Last edited:
Don't ever confuse FI with reality- we're the 10% of the 10%ers...
It'll be fine

Sorry, I don't speak "stupid". :rolleyes:

I will ask you again. How can you have an AT ID( on your possession) if your not currently flying for AT. It is against FAA/TSA. You posted that you do have an AT ID.

I also think no matter what the out come, you will always hate SWA.

One group, a large orange one, will be unhappy because the arbitrators didn't put the smaller group on the bottom of the combined list, and also didnt require them to all reinterview, or do a full year of probation after joining the bigger airline! (a corndog on my jumpseat actually suggested that, no bull-- I just laughed)

The only reason I posted what I did and what I meant was, we will be one happy group. I am not in fear of my seniority, It's going to be all good.

Let me dust myself off since I haven't looked at an FI thread in a very long time.....I will attempt to explain why SWA pilots are going to have to get a seniority boost in order to retain their career expectations with simple math.

If your airline has 10 pilots it would take only one more aircraft to make all current pilots captains. Obviously the higher the number of pilots, the more growth is required to make captain. Walmart ain't growing 100% a year anymore...simple economy of scale. Airtran is not bringing much in the way of retirements, so that will not make up the difference.

Bottom line is AAI pilots will have to pay seniority to come over to SWA. How much is what I will leave others on this board to quibble about.

Latest resources

Back