Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FDJ2

AirTran Pilots Vote in Large Numbers
The membership ratification ballot for the merger of ALPA and the independent National Pilots Association (NPA), representative of 1700 AirTran pilots, began in dramatic fashion this week with almost 40 percent of AirTran pilots voting in the first 3 of 30 days that the ballot is open—a very heavy early voter turnout. The merger agreement was completed on February 19 and the NPA Board of Directors unanimously approved and endorsed the merger agreement.
More than 800 of the 1700 AirTran Airways pilots have now visited with ALPA to ask questions, get additional information from Delta, Continental, FedEx, Alaska, and ASA pilot volunteers and staff, and to express their support for the merger.
The Delta pilot leadership hosted a hospitality reception for AirTran pilots this past Thursday night in Atlanta. Other ALPA pilots are encouraged to welcome AirTran pilots and urge them to return their “yes” vote to merge with ALPA. The merger ballot will close on April 10 and ALPA’s governing bodies will consider approval during the month of April.​

I wonder if the people who are against the ALPA drive will say about that? Its going to be nice to see ALPA voted in by a landslide.

I wonder if the people who are against the ALPA drive will say about that? Its going to be nice to see ALPA voted in by a landslide.

The Airtran pilots deserve all the credit. From the rank and file to the leadership, they are doing a wonderful job leading and organizing this merger. The Aitran Machine!!!

"The Delta pilot leadership hosted a hospitality reception for AirTran pilots this past Thursday night in Atlanta."

Hmmm....Could it be that a "union merger" is not the only merger that's brewin' in ATL?

naw..it was a warm fuzzy meeting to show that we are all brothers under one union and that no matter what we are going to stick by each others sides.

I think I just sharted...

RV

naw..it was a warm fuzzy meeting to show that we are all brothers under one union and that no matter what we are going to stick by each others sides.

I think I just sharted...

RV

I dont think anyone could have said it better twepilot! I bet you said you sharted cause you were so excited about the turnout? I know we all are!

Interesting bit of trivia. Does anyone know what the scabs who worked for National Airlines called themselves during the 1948 Strike?

Drumroll......

National Pilot's Association

Latest resources

Back