• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Pilots Vote in Large Numbers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To get the elected leaders to lead??? I have ask =Who would that be???
I bet the next person will be in office a little over a year and be gone ONCE again.
Under an MEC structure, the MEC members vote for who that person will be. Neither you nor I get much say in it. However, if they vacate a voting position to do it, then you get to vote someone new in.

The same resources that USAIR said thanks but no thanks.
Ummm, wrong tie-in, hoss. You might want to take another look-see at HOW an WHY the UAir guys got rid of ALPA. Here's a hint: it had nothing to do with representation and everything to do with voiding Nicolau. Next subject.

The same resources that you worked with at PCL and they STILL have no contract. That is what I call a GREAT RESOURCE!!
Same problem there. Pilot group won't stand up and fight the fight that MUST be had to get anywhere.

Informational picketing that is something we should have been doing long time ago.
Good, then you WILL volunteer. I'll let Chilla know, great!

But everyone here just wants to STRIKE and close the doors. WEll first of all (a little education) in a strike EVERYONE LOSES!!!! Tell us all, where are you going to get a job? What would the airline be called the next month? With a huge number of the same pilots?
Are you insane or did you just not pay attention to how strikes work?

You don't have to completely close the doors. The most effective method of strike, once released, is the CHAOS strike. Every day, the MEC decides on what routes and what aircraft the strikes for that day will be. The airline continues to function, BUT... you take out 8-10% of their revenue every day and force them to play catch-up for the rest of the week trying to rebook everyone. The passengers still get where they're going, it just takes a little longer. Collateral damage, sorry.

You don't bankrupt the airline, you just spend a month costing them more every day in rebooking fees, lost good will from the pasengers, advance booking drops, and refunds than they can ever hope to make back inside the year. It's effective, leaves employees still working, and really inflicts maximum damage with minimum risk.

Eventually, management would call our bluff, and lock us out. At that point, you sit and wait and see who blinks first. The shareholders are NOT going to let AirTran fold. They'll lose everything; unlike Eastern, we are NOT worth more in pieces than as a whole, functioning airline. They'll force Bob and Kolski to hammer out an agreement.

Will it be painful? Yes. Is it the end of the world as we know it? No. Life goes on. I'm living proof that you can move on. Maybe not nearly as great as it was, but there's still life after AirTran.

The only way to show any mgt team is the employees come together, and show them who runs the airline. ASA I believe taxied at about 2 knots for 2 weeks, and FLEW very SAFE. I remember hearing number 32 in line for MX.?? It was amazing 2 weeks later (after 6 long years and many breaks of the contract) we had a contract.
That's a good start. EVERYONE should be flying 100% by the book and 100% safe, since safety is our #1 priority at AirTran and the regs, our FOM, our AOM, and our contract (our books) are NOT flexible.

Or call AA or SWA and ask them why they never voted in the best resources out there?
Again, SWA doesn't need ALPA because they have a management group that works WITH them. We don't.

AA doesn't need anyone's help right now, they're strong enough and have the financial support they need to pull off their own strike. We don't.

Latest resources

Back