• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Pilots Respond to CEO’s 2009 Compensation Package

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I got $20 bucks says the strike vote is over 90% in favor...

Well Mr. Lear I got $100 that it will be less than 50% in favor. Most of pilots at the tranney are generally not very smart. Hell most of them don't even know how vote, let alone know their contract. Steve and the angry German have this group by their balls.

Well Mr. Lear I got $100 that it will be less than 50% in favor. Most of pilots at the tranney are generally not very smart. Hell most of them don't even know how vote, let alone know their contract. Steve and the angry German have this group by their balls.

I love it when somebody insults peoples intelligence in a sentence that appears to be written by third grader. :laugh:

You win.

I hope it's not necessary, but you obviously don't work at AAI and know not of that which you speak.

You are right I don't work at Airtran, Next I Hope you Guys make leaps and bounds forward, Lord knows it is time for something good to happen for labor

You just pretty much lost all credibility in this discussion because, again, you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

The POLICE control the flow of picketing. They are out there to make sure you do NOT disrupt the flow of traffic. When you do, you get arrested. If they have to arrest everyone, they'll call local police to help, and drag everyone downtown.

That is My Point, the Police make sure your picket is nice and orderly as to not disrupt any commerce. Who are they protecting anyways? The bosses bottom line.

Well sometimes that just doesn't send the message you need.
My father was called in the early 80's to show up at a picket.
There was a permit for 14 to Picket. almost 1000 showed up and 3 cops. The cops were out numbered and the picket was successful at stopping every car before allowing them past for about an Hour. I am not sure but I still believe that is a law that all vehicles must come to a complete stop at a picket line before passing. Yes my dad went to Jail. So what, back then the Union wasn't messing around either. Now days the company wants to drag it out as long as possible to wear the troops down. They have NO incentive to expedite a contract, Unless of course it is for paycuts. Chapt 11 style with threat of 1113c. IF BACK PAY was a must then it wouldn't matter but the company knows that that is the last thing that gets negotiated away right before your ready to vote.

If you're out of the game, why bother coming on here at all? I think you need to justify your departure and thus hope things do NOT improve for all of us. If they don't, you can point and say "See? That's why I left." If they do, you might live to regret your choice.

I left not by choice but by economics and shady ponzie schemes by the owners of my last airline.

See? Doesn't feel very good for someone to go on the offensive about YOU, does it? Maybe you should just keep your mouth shut rather than deliberately stirring the pot? Just a thought...

I really do Hope the best for you guys. but really all of the Chest thumping is Just that. noise. when you hit the Bottom line and then and only then will they have a reason to negotiate.

One more tactic they will use . wear you guys down. and then let slip the offer they want to give you past the negotiators to take the pulse of the troops. Not the pulse of the negotiators.

Good Luck and go bash some heads if needed.

when I was younger my family worked for the Teamsters union. Back then a union could not only cripple a company but an entire industry. The government did not like the "people" having too much power. Afterall, that would mean we were actually a free democratic country. In the 80s the government really defanged unions. ALPA isnt a union. It is an association. It is a lobbying group. If it was a union then when one company went on strike the rest would strike to support them. Instead we hope companies go out of business so our companies can get more flying and better our lives. There are strict laws about demonstrations. In the 60s and 70s people helped bring an end to the Vietnam disaster. There could never be such public outcry now. The best thing about a strike or threat of a strike now is the impact on ticket sales. People wont buy tickets if they think an airline is about to be on strike and that is really the only power pilots have.

The POLICE control the flow of picketing. They are out there to make sure you do NOT disrupt the flow of traffic. When you do, you get arrested. If they have to arrest everyone, they'll call local police to help, and drag everyone downtown.

Just a thought...

Lear,

Yeah I agree with on V2 but it sounds like you are describing a military state. Not a country that boast about all the rights afforded to all... Look, you don't have to break or burn anything, at least not yet but the RLA is stack against labor and multiple collective wildcat strikes will certainly get the attention of those on the hill. Yes they may be a price to pay but guess what? Wouldn't it be worth it?

It is because we don't do anything that there is little justification to change anything, and being afraid is what has kept the laws against us for this long. If one is not willing to go downtown for what they believe in then they may as well not believe in anything. Like they say slavery still exist albeit in a legal form. Guess it not the land of the free afterall...

Hey, I was planning to book a flight on AirTran from BWI to Bos in the Summer. Should I still make the reservations on AirTran? Just wondering considering what I have read on this thread.

PM me your contact information, I'll take that bet.

I really do Hope the best for you guys. but really all of the Chest thumping is Just that. noise. when you hit the Bottom line and then and only then will they have a reason to negotiate.

One more tactic they will use . wear you guys down. and then let slip the offer they want to give you past the negotiators to take the pulse of the troops. Not the pulse of the negotiators.

Good Luck and go bash some heads if needed.
No arguments with any of that. And thanks for those last words of encouragement. It's hard to tell on this board, because only a few AAI pilots come on here and post, but if you could hear the general tone of our private message board... Well, the troops are more riled up than it appears on the surface.

Lear,

Yeah I agree with on V2 but it sounds like you are describing a military state. Not a country that boast about all the rights afforded to all... Look, you don't have to break or burn anything, at least not yet but the RLA is stack against labor and multiple collective wildcat strikes will certainly get the attention of those on the hill. Yes they may be a price to pay but guess what? Wouldn't it be worth it?

It is because we don't do anything that there is little justification to change anything, and being afraid is what has kept the laws against us for this long. If one is not willing to go downtown for what they believe in then they may as well not believe in anything. Like they say slavery still exist albeit in a legal form. Guess it not the land of the free afterall...
I don't disagree with you for most of that in THEORY, but the problem is the fallout on Capitol Hill for the legislative issues we have to deal with (H.R. 3371, CVR capture, etc). You get Congress and Senate P.O.'d at pilots, and we have serious problems...

It's a crappy situation. I've never seen anything like it. We are kept "under the thumb" of management, with VERY narrow abilities to get anything done, and the ATA can throw HUGE amounts of money at the Hill.

Your last statement is probably the most accurate. And I've been out almost 3 years for stepping up and making a stand; it's taken this long just to get it to an arbitrator...

I don't disagree with you for most of that in THEORY, but the problem is the fallout on Capitol Hill for the legislative issues we have to deal with (H.R. 3371, CVR capture, etc). You get Congress and Senate P.O.'d at pilots, and we have serious problems...

That's only because they believe the pilots work for them and not the other way.

Your remarks are quite true about wildcat striking here in the States but you have to admit though that if you posted those words on an international forum without the mention of any state, one would believe you're talking about a situation involving a police state like China or N.Korea. At least we have a legal system to flight back.

None the less you can count on my support...

Latest resources

Back