• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Pilots Respond to CEO’s 2009 Compensation Package

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, at least he got the flame icon part of the post right... *snicker* ;)

Flame / Fire, sure it is but it is also FACT. Let us see if there is any difference in these tactics than there were in the last 10 or so airline contracts. I bet NOT. I hope that it would be different but those days of demanding what you deserve are over, Now it is whine a lot and take what they offer with a million excuses why the accepted offer is no where near the expectations.

Wow!
Funny, just like Hawaiian. At pretty much the same stage of negotiations for us management announced a similar type of bonus for a few at the top and at the same time offered us nothing.
It was VERY helpful in building solidarity.
Gotta wonder how they think sometimes, are they really that arrogant. Hard to imagine, but it sure seems that way.
Good luck guys, it may seem far away, but you will win.
Actually, Airtran's proxy statement that summarizes executive compensation comes out in early April every year. Something tells me Airtran's MEC timed the strike vote to begin just after the release of the annual proxy statement. There is a definite strategy being deployed by our MEC. The only question is whether the pilot group backs up the MEC.

Who cares about a silly strike vote? When is the damn mediator gonna break you guys off for the 30 day firing uhh, I mean cooling off period?

It has to be at least 90% to send the proper message to management. If it's anywhere in the 80's, well....

And what's this 500 hours Part 121 PIC requirement for new applicants who suppossedly will be sitting copilot reserve for the next 2-3 years?? Is that a message from someone?

It has to be at least 90% to send the proper message to management. If it's anywhere in the 80's, well....

And what's this 500 hours Part 121 PIC requirement for new applicants who suppossedly will be sitting copilot reserve for the next 2-3 years?? Is that a message from someone?

Maybe, it's for the replacement workers?

QUOTE]
Jerry...that's not true. I don't know why some people think a 90% figure has to be achieved. Let's say it was only 80%. That means that 20% MIGHT cross the line. Let's say all 20% do cross. So that means you have 340 pilots trying to fly the schedule of 1700. This management can't even run a normal schedule without daily cancellations due to lack of pilots on a regular day. Do you honestly think they can do it with 340? The place would tank within a week.

Latest resources

Back