AirTran Pilots Respond to CEO’s 2009 Compensation Package

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

UALRATT

Industry leading wages for all sides of the table...

ATLANTA—Today, union leaders for AirTran pilots, represented by the Air Line Pilots Association Int’l (ALPA), issued the following statement in response to AirTran Airways' chief executive Bob Fornaro’s receiving over a 30 percent increase in his 2009 compensation package to about $2 million.

“AirTran pilots have not had a pay raise in six years, despite several consecutive quarters of significant company growth and profits. We are pleased to see the company doling out 30 percent pay increases to its employees. These pay raises couldn’t have come at a better time, as negotiations with AirTran management on important economic sections of our contract have begun.

“AirTran pilots are paid up to 26 percent below industry average, even while AirTran managers continue to enjoy salaries and lucrative bonus packages that put them in the upper echelon of airline executives. We hope that this announcement from the company signals a willingness to fairly compensate and reward not only Mr. Fornaro, but all AirTran employees who contribute daily to this company’s success.”

LOL!, AirTran management once again throws gas on the fire right before a big vote!

C'mon, what's the breakdown on the CEO package? I'm too lazy to look it up, but I suspect a fair amount of 'restricted stock', stock options, etc....

OR, are you staying that he got a 30 percent increase in BASE CASH salary?

C'mon, what's the breakdown on the CEO package? I'm too lazy to look it up, but I suspect a fair amount of 'restricted stock', stock options, etc....

Who cares about splitting hairs. The CEO got a multi million dollar raise and you want the break down as you don't get jack.

Get a clue!

Yes, his base salary went up, but most of it was in his bonus, which comes as cash, not as stock.

Wow!
Funny, just like Hawaiian. At pretty much the same stage of negotiations for us management announced a similar type of bonus for a few at the top and at the same time offered us nothing.
It was VERY helpful in building solidarity.
Gotta wonder how they think sometimes, are they really that arrogant. Hard to imagine, but it sure seems that way.
Good luck guys, it may seem far away, but you will win.

Of Course they are arrogant. Pilots are a bunch of Followers, rule followers, Management are the rule makers.
When the Pilots start to break the rules and wild cat strike and things like that then management will take notice but for now, just stick to crying on your union boards, chest thumping about Solidarity, taking big Stike votes and then let them wear down your fortitude to nothing while you willing vote for some crap contract and say you are just "lucky to have a job".
Gone are the days when 1000 guys would show up at a picket line and stop traffic into the airports, gone are the days when guys would go to jail for standing up what they believe in, now if you do go on strike there will be a nice little barrier placed in some obscure part of the airport where all 3 of you that are allowed to picket will stand with cute signs that no on will notice, you'd be better off holding Subway sandwich signs.

so fire away at me. You all Know I am right

Latest resources

Back