Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran pilots had a very low turnout at the company’s annual shareholder meeting.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is very sad, and sends a message to AirTran management that the pilots do not have the balls to fight for a real contract. Pilots at this carrier and others should expect their pay and work rules to continue to head south with these kind of turn out at union events. I guess pilots are too busy picking up open time, or just sitting around bitching about how their lives are so unfair.

Sounds like our pilot group.

Look on the bright side, when Alaska buys you guys, both groups will go together like milk & honey!

This is very sad, and sends a message to AirTran management that the pilots do not have the balls to fight for a real contract. Pilots at this carrier and others should expect their pay and work rules to continue to head south with these kind of turn out at union events. I guess pilots are too busy picking up open time, or just sitting around bitching about how their lives are so unfair.
You should get your facts straight before you open your mouth.

25 pilots was the authorized number for this event by the union.

35 showed up.

Therefore, turnout exceeded expectations. How do I know all this? Simple. I was there.

Where were you?

Is it ALPA that wants to limit the turnout? Why? Lots of AAI pilots live in the MCO area (previous Manatee base), they wouldn't "need rooms".

I always thought that was a cool callsign. So anyway, Ty, was it ALPA who wanted to limit the pilot turnout?

I always thought that was a cool callsign. So anyway, Ty, was it ALPA who wanted to limit the pilot turnout?

What happened the last time the NPA planned on showing up at the meeting in uniform....

Is it ALPA that wants to limit the turnout? Why? Lots of AAI pilots live in the MCO area (previous Manatee base), they wouldn't "need rooms".

It wasn't intended to be a huge event. The MEC wasn't planning on making a big spectacle. They just wanted to have a small presence to show the company that the threats wouldn't stop them from showing up wherever they wanted.

If there was a limit. I'm sure it wasn't due to the cost of hotel rooms. . . Probably more of a logistics problem . . .

With pretty short notice, 2 guys on the SPC trying to organize and deploy 100+ guys with multiple buses would probably not yield the same results we got from 35 well-organized and well-deployed pilots.

Don't worry, you'll have the opportunity to show your support.

Ty

Latest resources

Back