Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran pilots had a very low turnout at the company’s annual shareholder meeting.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What happened the last time the NPA planned on showing up at the meeting in uniform....

That's my question; was this group in Airtran Uniform? If so any word on the company playing hardball with "pilots at union function in uniform"?

Can someone recap final result of FO suspended; payed by union, or reinstated, thanks?

He was suspended for five days, but was reimbursed by a Union fund to protect pilots fired or suspended for political reasons. I believe he was to be deployed to Iraq (per Uncle Sam's instructions, not AirTran management's).

Informational picketing was conducted with union-issued brass and ties (very sharp ties, BTW).

Interestingly enough, there were FA's there at management's invitation, in Company uniforms . . . . go figure.

You should get your facts straight before you open your mouth.

25 pilots was the authorized number for this event by the union.

35 showed up.

Therefore, turnout exceeded expectations. How do I know all this? Simple. I was there.

Where were you?

Thanks for showing up. If 1/10 of the brave board posters would back their MEC's to the hilt - this profession would be a lot stronger.

Nice Job!

You should get your facts straight before you open your mouth.

25 pilots was the authorized number for this event by the union.

35 showed up.

Therefore, turnout exceeded expectations. How do I know all this? Simple. I was there.

Where were you?

"You should get your facts straight before you open your mouth."

Again, I am writing, and you are reading this. Go get your head straight dude.

"25 pilots was the authorized number for this event by the union.

35 showed up."

That is like a fly landing on my arm and I look down, then the slimy thing flies away. This turn out has the same affect on management, and trust me I know.

"Therefore, turnout exceeded expectations. How do I know all this? Simple. I was there."

Wooooo!!! Exceeded the turn out by 10 pilots. Look Out!!!

"Where were you?"

I was inside taking care of business, and I am not a rank and file pilot of AirTran. Please tell your union a small band of pilots picketing outside of a share holders meeting as absolutely no effect on management. But hundreds or if you’re lucky, a thousand screaming and yelling would have a major effect. These would send management into total [FONT=&quot]Chaos[/FONT] to negotiate a contract ASAP.

PS: You can respond if you want, but I am done with this topic and flight info for a while. I have business to take care of.

Please tell your union a small band of pilots picketing outside of a share holders meeting as absolutely no effect on management.
Oh yes it does. But thanks for trying to dissuade people in a very subtle way... it's the sly subterfuges that are most dangerous.

Going from no organization and a last-minute called-off picketing event (old NPA) to an organized, well-executed event in just a few months tells senior management that the pilots are getting VERY organized and starting to move forward quickly with the anger that management has stirred up in the pilot group.

What's next?

But hundreds or if you’re lucky, a thousand screaming and yelling would have a major effect. These would send management into total [FONT=&quot]Chaos[/FONT] to negotiate a contract ASAP.
No. Professionals don't scream and yell. We calmly yet pointedly show the troubles that lie in wait for management if they continue to act in bad faith, then we EXECUTE a plan that leads, inevitably to the inability for the company to run an airline. CHAOS is a great word, thanks.

However, hundreds is a good number. I'd like to see 100+ at the next picketing event, then 200+ at the one after that and so on, all showing management one thing: we CAN be organized, we CAN be militant, and we DO have the numbers to grind this show to a near stand-still because of THEIR treatment of the pilot group and unwillingness to bargain in good faith.

I know you're reading this, but you'll probably choose not to respond then come back later and say "Oh, I didn't read that". You get your email, and we're not that naive.

"You should get your facts straight before you open your mouth."

Again, I am writing, and you are reading this. Go get your head straight dude.

"25 pilots was the authorized number for this event by the union.

35 showed up."

That is like a fly landing on my arm and I look down, then the slimy thing flies away. This turn out has the same affect on management, and trust me I know.

"Therefore, turnout exceeded expectations. How do I know all this? Simple. I was there."

Wooooo!!! Exceeded the turn out by 10 pilots. Look Out!!!

"Where were you?"

I was inside taking care of business, and I am not a rank and file pilot of AirTran. Please tell your union a small band of pilots picketing outside of a share holders meeting as absolutely no effect on management. But hundreds or if you’re lucky, a thousand screaming and yelling would have a major effect. These would send management into total [FONT=&quot]Chaos[/FONT] to negotiate a contract ASAP.

PS: You can respond if you want, but I am done with this topic and flight info for a while. I have business to take care of.

You say it has no affect but looks like your panties are all in a bunch....HAHAHAHA

Birdman,

You are, at best...a management wannabe brown-noser.

And at worst...a scab in the making.

I hope that you are able to right yourself and join in the solidarity with your fellow ATN ALPA pilots. If not, go hang out with C. S. as we pass you by.

Two major pieces to the puzzle, FL pilots voting in ALPA and a pro labor NMB, will help events along well in the following months....

Latest resources

Back