• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Pilots Fired!!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Funny you should say that when McCain is the one in FAVOR of foriegn airlines here in the US to "promote compitition which will lower fares and is good for the consumer." Take that to also mean lower wages, more days at work, less QOL. That is when all you have is change in your pocket.

Mach8 and yourself bring up very good points. When it comes down to my flying career, I don't get warm fuzzies about either of these guys being in charge.

But, as to not perpetuate the further political hijacking of this thread ....

The "to be furloughed" 177 pilots should be treated with respect by management and not as pawns. I'm sure it's been said before, but, if the management wants to get relief from the contract to keep the training dept. guys , please negotiate in good faith with NPA and give us something in return.

Now...time for lunch...

I think you all are making a big deal over the training department rumor part and not enough about the state of the business and where it is going. I read the work probationary pilots and now is the time to shed anyone not necessary to your operations and future. Is this bad, of course, but, no different than the 400 cruise workers left go yesterday permanently.

I think you all are making a big deal over the training department rumor part and not enough about the state of the business and where it is going. I read the work probationary pilots and now is the time to shed anyone not necessary to your operations and future. Is this bad, of course, but, no different than the 400 cruise workers left go yesterday permanently.

If you are the business savy individual this post claims you to be then you can understand what happens when a contract is not honored in the real world of business. For some reason Airlines do not operate in the real world.

I was reading over at Spirit that they want to be let go into the cooling period because their lawyer doesn't see a point in negotiating a new contract when the company doesn't honor the present one.

Last edited:
1) Good thing AOL is not the real thing. Especially since most of those "voters" where most likely kids.

2) Thread hijack ?????

3) Mesa rocks !

(I was being sarcastic...)

Funny I thought youth voters were Obama's strongest block

Cruise workers, what are you talking about?

No one is arguing the fact that furloughs may be necessary, however, if it is true that they are being used as pawns (i.e. firing versus giving them recall rights in order to get out of a clause in our contract stating the training dept. folks go first) then that is a cat of a different color.

And, it may be true that it is more efficient to keep the training guys in place, but, hey that's why you negotiate LOA's. I.E. get something in return. And after 4 years of negotiating a contract (and getting kicked in the balls from what I understand), I don't think the NPA is asking for the moon here.

Somebody please correct me if I am misunderstanding the situation.

Ironically enough English isn't my first language...

Latest resources

Back