Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Pilots, Don't buy that new house yet..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
T45, aren't you stuck with Allegheny/Mohawk regardless. If negotiations get stuck, you get the arbitrator and then you get what you get.

Don't have to go to an arbitrator.

Growth ain't gonna happen either. Southwest's and Airtran's 737's will replace the old -300/500's. Take it to the bank.

Says to me if we(SWA pilots) don't get at least a descent
bump in seniority this would be a windfall (sp?) for the AT pilots. Am I wrong? Better pay benefits QOL job security days off bases. What is our windfall?
Respectfully
Fr8

Last edited:
T45 and Co..
Can someone from SWA explain to me why relative seniority is such a bad deal for you?

From a distant I can see why. Relative seniority regarding SWA pilots (especially the F/O's there) is a hot issue because not one SWA pilot left for AT while many left AT (some Captains even) for SWA.

Your windfall, if you need a windfall, is that we have orders for 50 aircraft for continued growth. Your orders are for replacements. So, many of you will be upgrading into airframes that were going to go to AirTran pilots. We are hiring right now, and were on track to hire up to 200 through 2011. we're in a growth mode, which benefits you, too.

Why do you need a windfall, anyway? What exactly are you giving up? With relative seniority and new airframes arriving, you're in a better position with us on board than you were before.

Ty,

No offense but your orders and our orders are going to replace the classic fleet which means probably no growth. Not good for either side.
I can see the writing on the wall. Wish our unions could get together and kill this thing all together.

Have fun Airtran guys. As we at Frontier learned last summer, Luv is more of a marketing slogan than an actual worldview. Good luck, you'll need it.

I believe we would be growing too if we weren't "right sizing" to BUY you

Every one makes a choice to stay or leave at any company they are hired at.
There are no guarantees..
What about people who left swa for united and got furloughed..

But anyway..that would be a bummer to have to staple yourself to yourself..

But say for the handful of people.. (.01% of the new pilot group who left airtran for swa)
They are only ones who think thats unfair? was T45 at airtran?

Hypothetically if you let them have the higher of whichever seniority they could hold..- and then that guy shoots up the list.. less than 1%.. but who in their orig new-hire class would that then anger more.. the airtran guy.. or the swa guy.

and to have their old spot back.. Would they then have to pay back the difference in pay for the years they spent at swa over airtran? .. sarcasm.

It's going to be a long process that won't be decided on FI. Good luck and congrats.

Well as it went with DAL/NWA the PWA was signed with a TFA agreement that dealt with the SLI. So the contract which gave bigger raises to some than other was a done deal then came a SLI which was arbitrated as category status for the most part.
Never presuppose an outcome because it all depends on how it is done. The arbitrators will look at both arguments and the fact is that if pay rates for the join group are ratified first those are the base line, not the per-merger pay. It will come down to career expectations and since you have the same top end jet (73N) it could just be a category status ratio.

** The corporation will want an approved CBA/PWA prior to an SLI so that whatever the SLI is it will be binding like DAL's and not like LCC's

Latest resources

Back