AirTran Pilots and Union Board Support Changing FAA Age 60 Rule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Count me in, Lear70.

MemRat or no TA. Bind the contract to Airtran HOLDINGS, or no TA. COLA and retro pay, or no TA. Frontier pay + COLA or no TA. Reduced Insurance Premiums, or NO TA. No sh1thole hotels, or NO TA.

Anyone else care to add to this short list?

Frontier pay for F/O's is actually short of where I'd like to see it, especially in years 4 and up, where it only goes up $3 or $4 a year.

Our F/O's are going to start to stretch into the 4-7 year upgrades over the next 3 years, and we need to make sure these guys are covered.

By how much should the premiums be reduced? 40%? 50%? 75%? I know I don't particularly care for $398 a month for family basic level HMO coverage when my PPO coverage at my last carrier was $160 a month.

Other than that, yeah, sounds good to me!

Heard a rumor that Coach's son, Jr. went back to United in the recall. , how about that one, taking one for the team?????

I'm seriously considering starting a grass roots movement to see if we can get a resolution started and signed by the majority of the pilots and present it at the next BOD meeting.

I'm interested in helping you with this is you are serious.

Lear70....looks like you are taking a leadership role... and other are looking to you... I say go for it.... You've my support....

I'm interested in helping you with this is you are serious.
I'm absolutely serious, thanks for your offer to help.

I don't want to undermine the NC or the BOD; this isn't about a revolution.

This is simply about making sure the membership has a say in important, life- and career-altering decisions before they're enacted by the leadership in the form of an LOA.

PM me and we'll see what we can come up with. Anyone else who is interested, feel free to give me a shout, also. The more people we can get on board, the more pressure it puts on the BOD to push the resolution through.

Heard a rumor that Coach's son, Jr. went back to United in the recall. , how about that one, taking one for the team?????

Not True. He is still here. I saw him yesterday in the crew room. He is a 737 Capt. He'd be an idiot to go back to those work rules and a 10 year upgrade.

I'm absolutely serious, thanks for your offer to help.

I don't want to undermine the NC or the BOD; this isn't about a revolution.

This is simply about making sure the membership has a say in important, life- and career-altering decisions before they're enacted by the leadership in the form of an LOA.

PM me and we'll see what we can come up with. Anyone else who is interested, feel free to give me a shout, also. The more people we can get on board, the more pressure it puts on the BOD to push the resolution through.

I agree 100%. Let's get the ball rollin'. I don't think it would be undermining anyone. It would be exercising our rights as members of the assciation to call for a change to the way business is conducted. Important business that affects our careers and livelihoods. AP claims these decisions are time-sensitive and must be made too quickly for member ratification. BS!! It wouldn't take more than a week to ratify each important decision. Besides this is just a copout excuse to ramrod his agenda.

I say that if you want to be a pilot past age 60, you get busted back to FO. That way, you won't be crapping on someone else's upgrade at least, or someone else's recall from furlough. Surely even you can see the fairness in that . . . . :rolleyes:[/quote]

Dude, you are real cavilier thinking about your fellow pilots and willing to cut 'your career short by five years so they can enjoy life. How about retirement at 55 or 50, think of how many you will save in the process. I bet you'll even "take the chicken and the fat chick" oh wait, that was before your time.

But if it does come down to the old fart needing to have a babysitter in the cockpit, then I will give you that the babysitter may as well be the capt. Just like they use to do when captains retired as FE's. But then again look at all of the flight instructors you would be screwing out of a job.

Latest resources

Back