• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

scarlet

BWI= 720,000.00 a year in BWI hotel cost
MCO= 950,000.00 a year in MCO hotel cost

Why would you not open a base? Waste of money !

Just put a bid out, people will bid there without the company paying
moving cost.

we would hopefully get some 1,2 and 3 day trips in ATL !

moving cost.

Right on Instructor Dude, I mean Scarlet!!!, if it weren't for that pesky contract and the trouble making union we would have more bases!

Last edited:
Tell me again why the union cares? Unless you love 4 day trips, keep doing them! I believe most people would prefer 2 days or 3 days. so of us like day lines!

Yeah give us that money instead of hotels ! I thought you would rather have a 15-20.00 raise- guess not.

That's annual salary for two new-hire classes of 20 each based on 40K/year.

Hey, Scarlet- hope with all of this time on your hand, you have "manned up" and made a contribution to the Pilot Crisis Fund. Help those pilots who pay the price for the rest of us. www.PilotCrisisFund.com

moving cost.

Right on Instructor Dude, I mean Scarlet!!!, if it weren't for that pesky contract and the trouble making union we would have more bases!

Man, all this time I thought scarlet was a pussified, irrational, management sycophant, when really I was being played by an Oscar - caliber troll. I'm so ashamed.

What does your contract say for moving expenses? Is it really cheaper to move pilots down there and pay rent at the airport for offices?

moving cost.

Management was asked about this during my recurrent last month. They said that when the poll went out to the pilots, only a very small percentage were interested in bases in MCO or BWI, and that it would only be day trips for the most part. He said "there is really not as many pilots as you think there are who want bases there".

Also said it wouldnt offset hotel costs that much unless marketing could guarantee a certain number of airplanes from each fleet on the overnight. It works great for the flight attendants because they can jump on either plane, but he said one month 60% of the flights into and out of MCO may be 717 and the next month 60% will be 737. Lots of variables..

Take this for whats its worth, that is what was said during re-current.

management was asked about this during my recurrent last month. They said that when the poll went out to the pilots, only a very small percentage were interested in bases in mco or bwi, and that it would only be day trips for the most part. He said "there is really not as many pilots as you think there are who want bases there".

Also said it wouldnt offset hotel costs that much unless marketing could guarantee a certain number of airplanes from each fleet on the overnight. It works great for the flight attendants because they can jump on either plane, but he said one month 60% of the flights into and out of mco may be 717 and the next month 60% will be 737. Lots of variables..

take this for whats its worth, that is what was said during re-current.

and by management!

Latest resources

Back