AirTran Pay Cuts?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Snake said:
An airplane is an airplane. So what? Delta is like an old lady that was once a beautiful woman. She looks in the mirror and does not see that she has grown old and worn out. AirTran is the 17 year old with the great body and ugly face. She thinks she is a looker when in reality, she is laughed at. Just my two cents worth. Oh well, I bid you all a GOOD DAY.

WOW. First post after being registered for almost 3 years and having this long to think about it. And this was your best shot? $.02 worth?? Hardly.:rolleyes:

Dooshbahg:

You must fly for Delta or Airtran. I don't know and don't really care what you do. It's your life, no matter how sorry it might be.

"CandyGram for Mongo....CandyGram for Mongo!!!! FL717 the next time I see you in the crew room Im gonna kick your A--!!!

Guido the Killer PIMP!!!

Snake said:
An airplane is an airplane. So what? Delta is like an old lady that was once a beautiful woman. She looks in the mirror and does not see that she has grown old and worn out. AirTran is the 17 year old with the great body and ugly face. She thinks she is a looker when in reality, she is laughed at. Just my two cents worth. Oh well, I bid you all a GOOD DAY.

You seem to be stuck on the old, fat, ugly woman analogies don't ya. I guess your ole' lady's a fat old hag huh??

Hey... at least she lets you have a couple on minutes on the internet every several years..... but shouldn't you be taking this opportunity visiting bigbutts.com instead of arguing here... with guys no less??

Critter and Valujet is derogatory as people in this industry see AirTran as an airline of scabs. Valujet was comprised of former Eastern pilots, most Eastern pilots are on the ALPA scab. I was'nt a pilot when Eastern shut down so I don't what the real story is. My last Look at our seniority list shows roughly 75 former Eastern pilots remain out of 1,100 total. 85% of all pilots were hired after the AirTran/Valujet merger. People used to laugh because I flew a J32 not the almighty CRJ now they say they laugh at my Airline. I'm sure my 125K a year and job security (being 1 of 3 airlines consistently profitable while growing 20% a year) would'nt work for some of you because the color on the tail does'nt suit you. Call me anything you want on the radio, two things you won't call me is poor or furloughed.

Last edited:
Snake said:
Dooshbahg:

You must fly for Delta or Airtran. I don't know and don't really care what you do. It's your life, no matter how sorry it might be.

Nope. That makes you 0 fer your two mighty posts. But I reckon you got yer big 'un to keep you warm in your "Snake" hole. So that makes your life GRAND compared to my "sorry" one. Rrrrriiiiiiiiiiiggghht.

Not that anyone seems to care, but back to the topic...

Our union polled the membership rather throughly and the vast majority was unwilling to even discuss the possibility of give backs. Not saying that it isn't possible, only saying what the union told us.

The company wants relief from our 12hr max sched duty day and LVI (line value index) which pays pilots a lump premium for high block time schedules. They probably want other stuff too (rigs), to which I say, good luck with that. I haven't spoke with anyone who believes these cuts are necessary, especially considering Joe Leonards new (and vastly improved) contract.

An important thing to remember is we are in section 6 negotiations, these are the companys opening numbers, I'm sure ours are equally high.

Back to the name calling...

-9Capt said:
Not that anyone seems to care, but back to the topic...

Our union polled the membership rather throughly ...

Man, that must have been really painful! I cringe just thinking about it. :D

The Truth from a Man of The Truth:

There are certain airlines that I will not let my family fly on. Without naming names, one of them is based in Atlanta and I don't mean Delta. With that said, Critter is what my airline refers to you as and I personaly refer to you as ValuCrap. Don't feel bad though, I won't let them fly on Mexicana either.

Latest resources

Back