Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
717pilot said:
ANGUS.....You go man!!!

dumba$$. You thought he was cool? You didn't even know what his example was about, and that wasn't anyone's fault except the freaked out passenger. Why don't you follow a lemming like Angus over a cliff..... I bet you would.... "You go man!!!!!"

Bye Bye--General Lee

So it's okay to slam Airtran for no good reason, but pointing out other mishaps is off limits? Sounds like the liberal definition of free speech.

What about all those Airtran accident scenarios? I can only recall one. And even though that was caused by someone else's misconduct, we wear that like an albatross because people only read the first story and don't look for the conclusion.

Some twit won't fly his family on us because of our maintenance? His loss. From what I can see our maintainers are great. Maybe we work harder to prevent the next mishap since it would probably kill us.

I chose Airtran over JB and SWA and still think I made the right call.

Bite me Snake. I gotta go to work and I can't wait........

Last edited:
Hey why don't you guys measure tally-whackers and get it over with?

I KID I KID
and no posting of the results, I feel inadequate enough allready.....

General Lee said:
Angus, was that your attempt at a slam? It $ucked. That uncommanded 757 evac was during a cold start in TPA (yes, a cold start) that caused a little smoke when the engine was lit. Could you have prevented some scared passengers from opening an Airtran 717 emergency door? I bet you couldn't have. You really are cool. You came up with a lame example that could have happened to anybody. There is no way you can control somebody who is scared and doesn't know what is going on. I couldn't have done anything from the cockpit, and neither could you. You keep being your cool self.......

Bye Bye--General Lee

Well well, that uncommanded 757 evac is in addition to the one I witnessed while waiting for Big Brother to push our UAX flight in ATL about nine months ago. Heard pax freaked from engine start smoke (again). Maybe your problems are with your FA's and the quality of your passengers. I would've thought that AirTran would have this problem worse that Delta. But with the engines on the tail (717's anyway) it's hard to freak out due to a smokey start.

As a passenger, you could still freak out if you saw your crew was about to take off with the flaps retracted. Too bad no one alerted the FA's and Pilots on that one DFW Delta flight. If someone had, nineteen human beings, as I remember, would still be alive. NW did it too. TO/Config WARN and TCAS are worth their weight in gold.

Snake are you a XN? If so go tell it to your brothers. Where's that Aussie croc and snake hunter guy Steve when when we need him?

CatfishVT9 said:
So it's okay to slam Airtran for no good reason, but pointing out other mishaps is off limits? Sounds like the liberal definition of free speech.

What about all those Airtran accident scenarios? I can only recall one. And even though that was caused by someone else's misconduct, we wear that like an albatross because people only read the first story and don't look for the conclusion.

Some twit won't fly his family on us because of our maintenance? His loss. From what I can see our maintainers are great. Maybe we work harder to prevent the next mishap since it would probably kill us.

I chose Airtran over JB and SWA and still think I made the right call.

Bite me Snake. I gotta go to work and I can't wait........

Catfish,

I just stated that the "slam" was a good one, not really the content. Kinda like a wrestling move. Then, I get slammed, which happens a lot to me anyway. I even said the slam wasn't accurate, but then someone tries to point out a dumb example of a Delta evac that couldn't have been prevented when dealing with a scared passenger on the ground. Can you see where I am coming from now?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Well General...how about a better example of "dumb". Weren't those some of Delta's brilliant "professionals" that shut both engines off in a 767? I guess that could have happened to anybody. Or maybe flying through a microburst, or taking off with the flaps not set 'cause the "professionals" were too busy yuking it up with a "stew". I could go on. If you want. Pretty good slam, don't you think?

Actually, "slams" that refer to ANY carrier's accidents are just plain wrong, disrepectful and uncalled for. But I guess YOU think they are funny. Says a lot about YOU. If you'd like, you can have my screen name. To me, it's a joke. To you, it fits like a glove.

Last edited:
FarginDooshbahg said:
Well General...how about a better example of "dumb". Weren't those some of Delta's brilliant "professionals" that shut both engines off in a 767? I guess that could have happened to anybody. Or maybe flying through a microburst, or taking off with the flaps not set 'cause the "professionals" were too busy yuking it up with a "stew". I could go on. If you want. Pretty good slam, don't you think?

Actually, "slams" that refer to ANY carrier's accidents are just plain wrong, disrepectful and uncalled for. But I guess YOU think they are funny. Says a lot about YOU. If you'd like, you can have my screen name. To me, it's a joke. To you, it fits like a glove.

Now you have it WRONG. There were no actual descriptions of any crashes. The slam itself was funny, though. As far as the 767 pilots shutting down the engines, we are all gald that didn't turn into a major accident. But, it did do a good thing, which was alert us to a problem, on where the EEC switches were located. We then moved them from the center pedestal to the overhead panel, so the same mistake could not be made again. It may have saved more lives. Yeah, every airline has had some dumb mistakes, but you just have to move on, and also----you need to have some thicker skin---there was no direct slam of any particular accident on Snake's post---just a slam of Airtran's pilot group in general, and that happens to us all of the time. You need to let go of your hatred. Push that old Delta interview out of your head......

Bye Bye---General Lee

Of course. You are right. As always. Except for the Delta interview part. I don't have the "can do no wrong under any circumstances no matter what" attitude and ego to fit it, so I never bothered to apply.

Besides, I don't look good in a double-breasted blazer.

Oh so now you going to slam the AIRTRAN pilot group? Your the DUMB A--!! 2.2 BILLION!!! THe worst year a airline has ever had in the history of the airlines and your gonna slam AIRTRAN? AMAZING! I guess your with DELTA> In my opinion a fine airline with good people..I know plenty of pilots at DELTA who Ive spoken with and have said very nice things about AIRTRAN. As I have said nice things about DELTA. If your going to get personal..let "RUMBLE". I can dish it out. I will defend my airline and our pilots as you will yours (and should). DUMBA--!!!
ANGUS you go man...let him have it!!!

Latest resources

Back