• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran or JetBlue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't worry, 400A, you'll never get to make that decision!.SeaWhore, most guys consider it a privilege . . . then they get to thank me for knocking your miniscule member in the dirt..

You're right, I don't need the stepping stone. I'm already there.

Newhire at JetBlue. Company is great. Culture is extremely different from the last company I worked at (for the BETTER of course). I feel very respected and appreciated here. Pay is obviously not the greatest, but people fail to remember that this company is still young (high risk, high reward). I'm very satisfied with this company and plan on making this my career. I'm confident in this management group, we have an AWESOME product, and the people are top notch. I've commuted on Airtran recently and can tell you that everyone I met was very nice and treated me with the utmost respect. I was very impressed. Tough choice. Whatever you decide, I wish you the same happiness I've found here at JetBlue!

einstein is so obvious!

Go to either as a stepping stone to SWA, FedEx, or UPS. I would not make Jetblue or Critter into a career though.

As a flight attendant for skyway airlines, you don't have to worry about that decision!

Last edited:
We have a 401K with 10.5% match starting at year two.

No..., we have a 10.5% B-fund that is deposited into the same account as our 401K. We do not have any 401K matching (unless you are a flight attendant or a ramper). Check your paystub.

No..., we have a 10.5% B-fund that is deposited into the same account as our 401K. We do not have any 401K matching (unless you are a flight attendant or a ramper). Check your paystub.

OK, so we have a 401K and a B fund but the B fund 10.5% is placed into our 401K so what we really have is a 401K with company 10.5% contribution. Sound about right?

... so we have a 401K and a B fund but the B fund 10.5% is placed into our 401K so what we really have is a 401K with company 10.5% contribution...

The way you phrase it still makes it sound like it's 10.5% of your 401K contribution. Our 10.5% is 10.5% of your annual income hence the B-fund. 10.5% of your yearly 401K limit (which is $15,000 for 2006) is different than 10.5% of your $XXX,000 W-2, although both DO start at year 2. Big difference, don't ya think?

401K matching is a percentage of your 401K contribution. We don't have that. BTW, the B-fund does NOT have to be combined w/the 401K contributions. The current set up with Fidelity was our choice.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back