• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran or JetBlue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd say go to the first one that hires you... They're both good, solid companies with great employees. However, I'd side with our management as they are here for the long haul to see this company succeed. Additionally, with a new training facility, two new hangars, a hotel on the way, and a brand new 27-gate terminal being built in JFK and an 11-gate terminal in BOS equates to a lot of potential growth.

And a lot of potential debt.

And a lot of potential debt.

Nothing potentional about it. JetBlue has a lot of debt for its size. A consequence of their early, high growth rate.

The good news is with oil coming down both look pretty good. I like the 737, 717 and Atlanta. It would be Airtran for me.

Can you live on FO pay longer than your buds are telling you that you will be an FO?

Most importantly--

Don't go until you have enough PIC time for a career change if necessary

Last edited:
Jetblue has pilots who left AirTran. Three I met when I interviewed, and one while in class. Don't know anyone leaving JetBlue for AirTran. Just a thought, nothing scientific.

CD

Wow! When was this? What a difference 3 years makes (if this was a few years ago)

I've heard all sorts of stories about Folks turning down SWA for Frontier and leaving Frontier for SWA in the recent past. Before 9/11--FedEx guys leaving for AA, DAL and UAL while others turning down class dates for UAL, DAL and AA for Fedex or UPS.

Go to either as a stepping stone to SWA, FedEx, or UPS. I would not make Jetblue or Critter into a career though.

Last edited:
Go to either as a stepping stone to SWA, FedEx, or UPS. I would not make Jetblue or Critter into a career though.

Don't worry, 400A, you'll never get to make that decision!.SeaWhore, most guys consider it a privilege . . . then they get to thank me for knocking your miniscule member in the dirt..

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back