Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good Advice So Far...

So I'll add a few points as well:

1) Divorce your wife. Her presence in your life will only make you feel guilty while you're "flirting" with all the FAs. Better yet, kill her. If you need a place to bury her, e-mail me. I still have room for two more under my porch.

2) If you're balding, buy membership ("Golden" preferred) in a Hair Replacement Club. You'll feel better about yourself. Think of it as a really nice $5,000 hat.

3) Step away from the computer, find the closest mirror, and ask yourself why in the name of everything holy would you seek advice from this group of virtual nerds, lepers, know-it-alls, done-it-alls, losers, and lepers (present company accepted, by the way)

4) Tell them both to pound sand...you're waiting for jetBlue to call :)

Tacan, Finally a clear voice in this maze of an industry!!!!!!

Kit Darby has met his match.
Where do I sign up???

As for the General's comments:

CAL could be competing with a DAL in bankruptcy, a NWA in bankruptcy, a UAL in bankruptcy, a USAiways in bankruptcy (or if they pull it off cut to the bones cost carrier) all at once.

Not to mention our normal cast of low cost carriers.

Might be a battle ahead, but I think there's one ahead just about everywhere you go at this point.

That being said.....I'd still roll the dice and go with CAL. You have a safety net........GO GUARD! Nice job staying in.

Piker

Last edited:
I said it once... I'll say it twice...... CAL DAL NWA are gonna hook up. They have been in bed with each other for years now. Code share crap....Remember the failed buyout of CAL by NWA fellas...? General is right, something will happen... I'd bet two beers on it baby.

So... if that is the case... Where would a junior Continental fella rest ? Duplication of routes, equipment, ALPA fences, reductions ?

If your young... CAL.... If your getting grey hair, then AirTran. The money would be the same in the long run unless you can get 30 years at Continental fly the big stuff....

I'm not a weekend warrior... but I understand AirTran is very accomodating with military flyers. Plus... our green jets are better looking, and the Friday chips are to die for.

Good Luck !! Who's got the crystal ball today ?

I recieved a copy of the retirement schedule from Continental:
2005: 159
2006: 250
2007: 320
2008: 245
2009: 217
2010: 209
2011: 219
2012: 220
2013: 195
2014: 203
2015: 170
2016 - 2020: 848
2020 - 2025: 743

Total: 3998

Looks like alot of movement even with little growth.

Hey Pulp,
This is all great info for you- when do you have to decide? Also, please let us know your decision, we're all counting on you!

Senority accrual will be rapid at either airline. I was hired 7yrs 4months ago and I'm 17% from the top of the senority list.

Good pilot groups at both places. Can't go wrong either way. Like I said, go with your gut.

Thanks for all the info. You guys definitely brought up some great points that I hadn't even considered. I made my decision today and I'm going with Continental. Thanks again for all the info provided from both sides my family and I really appreciate it. Class date is in November. See you in Houston.

Good luck, Pulp. As They say, you'll never know if you made the right decisions until you're 60, and look back. Maybe 'right' isn't the best word, if you got 'lucky' on your decision. I wish good Karma, to you and the rest of us!

Pulp,

Just curoius. I start at CAL on 4 Oct.

Are all the other classes in October full already?

Thanks and congrats.

CLAMBAKE

Latest resources

Back