AirTran or Continental

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AMRCostUnit said:
I understand about getting organized and all but DON'T DELAY THE CLASS DATE!! I did that back in 1992 because it worked best for me and it cost me a 10 month furlough! ONE class and I lost my job by 19 numbers! Get on the payroll and get the number ASAP!! I'm sure others here can add similar stories.

Unit
Expeditor

I know it can be tricky to get it all together coming off of Active Duty, but if there's ANY way that you can make an earlier class date happen, definitely do so. The second time around, when I was hired at AirTran, if I had waited until the next class, it would have meant the difference between August and March. One class date can either keep you from a furlough, or delay Captain upgrade by months or even years. AMR is absolutely correct (sorry he had to learn the hard way).

Congrats on Continental, I hope you do well there.

bestpilot said:
Ty Guy might be into dat stuff

Don't start any rumors, BP. After these Vegas redeyes, I've already got to use half a bottle of Visine just to get the red out, as it is . . . .

Now you gwine a' go an' get 'em all looking at me crosseyed and such as I stagger by the Conch Pirate's office at 0500, don't ya know . .

But peein' in da cup ain' no BIGEE intersection. . . . everyone I knows is waitin' for da retirement party at da Hartsfield ta fire up da big spleefs. But after dat, look out!

Last edited:
Ty Webb said:
Don't start any rumors, BP. After these Vegas redeyes, I've already got to use half a bottle of Visine just to get the red out, as it is . . . .

Now you gwine a' go an' get 'em all looking at me crosseyed and such as I stagger by the Conch Pirate's office at 0500, don't ya know . .

But peein' in da cup ain' no BIGEE intersection. . . . everyone I knows is waitin' for da retirement party at da Hartsfield ta fire up da big spleefs. But after dat, look out!

True Dat, my brother from another mother!! Can't waits to hit da 60 year ting cause den I gets to to lets my hair grow to Jamica mon lengts and git dat ganja, but for now, its just da brewskis, Dude, and like aint no way im gonna like be like messin up life at da Tranny by like workin wit da brewskis like hangin round wit my blood and stuff, but DDDDUUUUUUUUUDDDEEEE!!!!!! I AINT WORINKIN' NOW BRO, SO PARTY ON WAYNE, PARTY ON GARTH, PARTY ON TY GUY, PARTY ON ALL MY BROTHERS FROM LIKE DA FLIGHTINFO MOTHERS!!!!!!

Having had flown for AirTran for 4 years and presently at CAL, in my opinion. Go to CAL, a global carrier. The two companies are not even in the same category. You should ask yourself one simple question. Would like to fly to Bloomington or Hamburg? The choice is beautifully yours.

moresky said:
Having had flown for AirTran for 4 years and presently at CAL, in my opinion. Go to CAL, a global carrier. The two companies are not even in the same category. You should ask yourself one simple question. Would like to fly to Bloomington or Hamburg? The choice is beautifully yours.

I can only assume you were at AirTran back around 97-00, if so things have changed a lot. I would have killed to get out of here back then, CAL was one of my first choices.

BTW, all other things being equal, I'd take Bloomington over Hamburg any day.

Latest resources

Back