Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran online application system sucks!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GearUpJammer:
You're in the same position that I was in a few months back. I had a friend walk my resume in and couldn't get the online app to cooperate. I ended up on the list. I wanted to make sure all the "t's" were crossed, etc so I stressed a little about the online app being incomplete. Don't sweat it. If you're on the list, you'll get a call. Once you're there everyone will help you out with what you need as far as paperwork.
**I will say that the online application process needs some attention. I have zero knowledge about computers and software, so I won't go off about how easy it should be to do this. I don't think the company has a huge IT department or budget, but they do a very good job with what they've got.**

anewunion said:
Who Would Ever Want To Fly For Airtran Anyway?

ME!

Here are some other things that you've posted (you only have 5 posts to date, so I guess I'll look at them to see if I can figure out where you're coming from):

6-14-2005, 01:52 "Any News About Boston Maine? My Buddy Has An Interview There...."

Nice reply to EMB170Pilot's post:

Originally Posted by EMB170Pilot

"<<<<<<<<<Hoping for ATL base>>>>>>>>>>>>

That would be the only thing to top all the regional world I just came into as of late '04

Senior F.O. in the 170, No Reserve, Weekends off, Late Starts, Early finishes
15-17 days off a month

To top it all off would be a base for the 170 in ATL"

5-16-2005, 03:12 "HEY, LOOK AT YOU. 19 BUCKS AN HOUR. I HOPE TO LIVE THE DREAM LIKE YOU SOMEDAY"

***So, you have a problem with AirTran because..........?

***So, it's cool for your friend to work for Boston-Maine, but WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO WORK FOR AIRTRAN???

Lets see, why would someone want to work for AirTran?

1. Growth
2. More $ potential here 1st year than at my former Airline
3. Fast upgrade to Capt--less than 3 years
4. AirTran's one of the few that's making a profit
5. Things are getting better here each month, people are working smarter here each month.
6. The 717 and 737 are both REALLY good planes to fly (although the 717 is better, unless you're senior to me than I definitely recommend the 737, even if you want to bid it as an F/O!!!)
7. The VAST majority of pilots here are great to fly with.

I don't know what dream job you're looking for, but I hope you find it.

Last edited:
Ty-

Fair enough on the "weed.".

Ty and B370-

I never said I work for AirTran. I implied that I suppose, which was not intended. I wanted to point out that since we both live in a glass house, neither of us ought to throw stones.

Sorry for the confusion.

Why would guys prefer the 717? I thought the 737 would go senior since it does mainly trans-cons and has a (slightly) roomier office. Doesn't the 717 mainly do up-and-down?

Here's the thing, though. What can you do about it?

1. Track down people you know at AirTran and have them walk your stuff in
2. Go to an AirInc job fair
3. Apply to work in IT and fix the online system yourself (Jet Blue had some glitches in their system as well)
4. Complain about it and use it as the reason that you never got called for an interview here.

It's really up to each of you to figure out what your next move is. Good Luck (I mean that with all sincerity)[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, #s 1 & 2 do NOT guarantee an interview! I know as I applied to another major about a year ago. Had type PLUS time on 2 out of 3 aircraft they operate but no joy. Then I tried harder and got a couple of LORs and ended up going to a job fair. You would have thought I would be an ideal candidate by now to get a call, but no. Did not work & I still have no idea why. Have given up as I have no time any more to play games. I shoot straight, have a current job, get payed well and it's too frustrating doing it all and not even getting the time of day to saycome on down.
I would have applied to AirTran - I certainly meet their criteria and even have a 737NG type and time to boot. However, I do not know anyone there so in this world of "equal opportunities", I cannot be bothered to apply as I know what the end result will be. There is NO motivation, not anymore. Sorry if this sounds crass but it's the truth and sometimes the truth hurts!

DrunkIrishman said:
Ty-

Fair enough on the "weed.".

Ty and B370-

I never said I work for AirTran. I implied that I suppose, which was not intended. I wanted to point out that since we both live in a glass house, neither of us ought to throw stones.

Sorry for the confusion.

Straighten up, Stryker!

Latest resources

Back