Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran online application system sucks!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Vref+10

AirTran online application problems

I spent several long hours doing my application on the AirTran.com website. After submitting it, I wanted to update it, so I withdrew the application in order to update. Now it's completely gone and it erased my entire profile.

Has anyone else had this problem? I can't believe that you can't simply update.

Last edited:
You can only update it after 6 months.

If your response to the problem you encountered is to start a string on a public message board insulting the airline's application system, then it seems to me that the process worked as intended.

Yeah

I had the same problem. So, while checking out jobs on CLIMBto350.com, I noticed AirTran posted a first officer position. I sent out an updated cover letter and resume and that's only because I'm a member of that website.

The way that AirTran does their application process is frustrating.

But, try that website....it's got AirTran in there.

Ciao

My best friend works at Airtran and I think it's a good company. Not trying to insult the airline.

But the problem that I have now is because I withdrew the application, thinking that I could update it and then resubmit, now it's completely gone. Or at least gone for 6 months.

It seems that it would be a minor software fix.

Ty Webb said:
You can only update it after 6 months.

If your response to the problem you encountered is to start a string on a public message board insulting the airline's application system, then it seems to me that the process worked as intended.

That was a bit harsh.

He probably would have gotten much better results with a title like,"Any help with the...." Or "Problem with the . . "

But to lead with a "This SUCKS!" . . . well, you get what you get.

It must an easy way to weed out candidates. :D Very smart!!!
I've done it, long process, but hopefully it will pay off in the end. I think in 6 months I should be competetive.

Less competition.

Any one from the MIA job fair hear anything?

I was at the MIA job fair, no response, I think it is way to early to expect anything though.

Does anyone know the procedure to "re-apply" after 6 months, do you remove the old app and re-submit, or does it automatically drop out of the system?

dhc8drvr said:
Does anyone know the procedure to "re-apply" after 6 months, do you remove the old app and re-submit, or does it automatically drop out of the system?

I wish I could answer you with helpful information..... but I have barely figured out how to change my vacation bids via the archaic online bidding system that we use.

Its been my experience that "AirTran" and "Simplified computer technology" are words that do not go together.

It really shouldn't be that difficult.... but with all the less than positive feedback I've read on these forums.... I have to assume that the online apps system is AFU as well.

Vref+10 said:
AirTran online application system sucks!
While this possibly may be the truth....... not a real smart thread title to post on the internet..... especially when you are supposedly trying to get an interview with AirTran.

I can't imagine too many AirTran folks feeling the urge to jump up to help you when this is the best foot you can put forward.

Latest resources

Back