Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran online application system sucks!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ty Webb-

Oh my my my. Being a professional, I will refrain from responding to your "weeding out" statement. No need to throw stones from that glass house you or I work for.

Vref+10 said:
My best friend works at Airtran and I think it's a good company. Not trying to insult the airline.

But the problem that I have now is because I withdrew the application, thinking that I could update it and then resubmit, now it's completely gone. Or at least gone for 6 months.

It seems that it would be a minor software fix.

If your best friend works for FL, then the online app should be the least of your worries -- get him to walk your stuff in w/lor. Go to a job fair. Do both of those and you have competitive quals, you've got a good shot!

I've searched and searched, but still need help. I have encountered the same problems and it has been over six months. I logged into the site to updated and it went straight to "thank you and please remember to update in 6 mo." Other people I know have totally withdrawn their original and started over because they also could not update. Is this the only way, or does someone have a number to their IT dept.?

Anyone have a email, or fax #?????

HELP, HELP, HELP!!!

Others I know are getting hired with less quals., I won't mention why, and I can't even update!!

PtP

I'm glad this on-line system wasn't in place when I applied--I think it'll be a good thing once the bugs are worked out. In the short term, it's causing some very deserving and competitive pilots some problems, and for that I feel truly bad for all of you.

Here's the thing, though. What can you do about it?

1. Track down people you know at AirTran and have them walk your stuff in
2. Go to an AirInc job fair
3. Apply to work in IT and fix the online system yourself (Jet Blue had some glitches in their system as well)
4. Complain about it and use it as the reason that you never got called for an interview here.

It's really up to each of you to figure out what your next move is. Good Luck (I mean that with all sincerity)

Steeler Fan,

How about helpin a brother out. Im from Pitt., love the Steelers, what do you say? Youre my boy blue!

DrunkIrishman said:
Ty Webb-

Oh my my my. Being a professional, I will refrain from responding to your "weeding out" statement. No need to throw stones from that glass house you or I work for.

Well, then, if you are a "Citrus" Pilot, you can certainly relate to seeing someone making a post that uses your new employer's name and "sucks" in the title.

. . and it wasn't me who used the phrase "weeding out" . . . . I only insinuated it.

Due to my typing skills(or lack thereof), I am also unable to access the site. However, my Citrus buddies have informed me that my name is on the "list". Does anyone know if called for an interview if AirTran will mail you a paper application or allow you to complete it during the interview? Good luck to all.

HVYDRVR said:
Yeah

I had the same problem. So, while checking out jobs on CLIMBto350.com, I noticed AirTran posted a first officer position. I sent out an updated cover letter and resume and that's only because I'm a member of that website.

The way that AirTran does their application process is frustrating.

But, try that website....it's got AirTran in there.

Ciao

great avatar...where is his partner? :)

tubelcane said:
Steeler Fan,

How about helpin a brother out. Im from Pitt., love the Steelers, what do you say? Youre my boy blue!

Boy Blue???

I don't get it, but GO STEELERS!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back