Airtran new contract ques?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry DonVerita, wrong again!

You CAN swap your holiday trips, via automation, with company open time. No calls to scheduling required. You are just required to trade into a duty period on the same designated holiday that you had flying on. Same applies to a trade with another pilot, fully automated online, no call's required, although most of us do as a courtesy. (Caveat: A call or text may be required if a PIN is used on the trip)

Go easy on these generalizations on a contract/system you seem to know very little about.

Kindest regards
Herewegoagain
Hmmm..."know very little about" eh? Got this info directly from a SWA friend of mine and quoted it as such. So, either you are wrong or he is wrong.

Either way, you stated "You are just required to trade into a duty period on the same designated holiday that you had flying on".

So you are still flying on Christmas. You did not get that holiday off via automation. The only other way, as it was explained by this SWA guy, would be to trade with another pilot whereby he/she would fly that Christmas day for you. Alas, maybe something got lost in the translation. He had asked me how I got Christmas off. I told him via trip swap during the SAP 1 process in Flica. He told me SWA has nothing like that and it would have to be a peer-to-peer manual trade, but the chances of finding another pilot to do that over a major holiday was almost nil. If that is not the case, perhaps you could briefly explain how the process works there.

Anyway...I hope that both sides will cherry pick the best of both worlds and make the new system into a great one...better than each side had on its own. As I've stated before - I never interviewed at SWA, never applied there, nor had any desire to work there. They treat you great, pay great, etc., but the operation just isn't my cup of tea. Maybe GK will institute assigned seating and a real Business Class.

Having said that, I also realize that this merger is something that I can not control, and neither can anyone on FI.com. Peacocking and taking a condescending attitude toward future co-workers is not the way to begin a harmonious relationship. I'll be going into this with eyes and mind open; viewing it as a new chapter in life that will bring job security, rewards, new destinations, and hopefully new friends.

The only problem is that mgmt doesn't give a crap about any of these new things! Its hard to retain something we've not seen work yet. Hopefully, this group will see that the best thing for every AT pilot is to work for SWA...and the sooner the better!
Can't really argue that... :)

Airtran guys/gals, do you all pay for FLICA? I used Flica in my previous life and it is better than what SWA has inhouse...except it's a Sabre product. Wich means either the pilots or the company is paying Sabre (AMR) to use it. FLICA does have some neat things that we don't have. It also keeps real good track of the per-diem stuff when tax time rolls around. SWA does not have that...either way I don't see SWA paying AMR for scheduling software. The inhouse stuff is good enough, plus we have some real techies here that find ways to make the SWA stuff more user friendly.

No...we do not pay for Flica. Company pays for it, as they do at American, JetBlue, Delta, US Airways, and the other airlines who utilize it.

Flica was only recently acquired by Sabre. They were formerly called Flightline Data Services and developed the product all on their own years ago. More info. on that can be found here:
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=73098&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1445233&highlight=

For you SWA guys who haven't seen it, just ask around; or if you see one of us on a laptop killing time between flights, we'll be happy to show you. I think you'll really like it when you see it. The GUI is sharp and the product is fast and easy to use.

Last edited:
No...we do not pay for Flica. Company pays for it, as they do at American, JetBlue, Delta, US Airways, and the other airlines who utilize it.

Flica was only recently acquired by Sabre. They were formerly called Flightline Data Services and developed the product all on their own years ago. More info. on that can be found here:
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=73098&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1445233&highlight=

For you SWA guys who haven't seen it, just ask around; or if you see one of us on a laptop killing time between flights, we'll be happy to show you. I think you'll really like it when you see it. The GUI is sharp and the product is fast and easy to use.

I agree, the software is good. More user friendly than what we have. I don't think SWA would pay for that though.

As I've stated before - I never interviewed at SWA, never applied there, nor had any desire to work there. They treat you great, pay great, etc., but the operation just isn't my cup of tea. Maybe GK will institute assigned seating and a real Business Class.

You'd rather be at an operation that has assigned seating/business class but treats you like crap and pays you poorly than an operation that that pays well and treats you well but has all coach open seating? Is that really what you're saying? All I want is to be paid well and to be treated like a valued member of the team. I'm not sure why you'd even care about the cabin seating arrangements.

You'd rather be at an operation that has assigned seating/business class but treats you like crap and pays you poorly than an operation that that pays well and treats you well but has all coach open seating? Is that really what you're saying? All I want is to be paid well and to be treated like a valued member of the team. I'm not sure why you'd even care about the cabin seating arrangements.
I never said I'd rather be at an operation that has those things but treats you like crap. Re-read the post and pay attention this time.

OK, whatever...guess I just misunderstood. No need to be a d*ck. Still not sure why anyone would care about the seating arrangements though.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back