• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can have them. If we wanted to fly them we would have gone to UPS or FEDEX
TOO BAD, SO SAD. Now, you get to do them. HAHAHAHAHAHA

BFD

DCA----It is a BFD to Gary Kelly, and every Airline CEO. You know, the guy who allowed you to participate in the F9 decision, but not the AT decision. Oooops. Sorry.

Being allowed...LMFAO

Can you get into ATL now? Would you like to? Your management team seems to want to. But, you can't see past the SLI, which is looking murky to you at best.

Being allowed...sounds like my parents

Hey, you are acting like a baby, so where were your parents during that stage of your life? You missed out on a lot of arse smacks, obviously.

BFD...we have ELP SAT AUS PHX LAX SAN HOU..Just like being outside the states

Yeah, but you are only there for 25 minutes at a time. Maybe now you can stick around on longer layovers and get the feel of the culture of Ciudad de Juarez. Go across the border, alone please.

This is not a merge. WE BOUGHT YOUR ASS. So bottom of the list..LMFAO

Tell that to your union, they will tell the lawyers, and they will argue it to the arbitrators. LMFAO......

We fly airplanes not race cars

Not on the ground, your planes taxi like race cars quite often. Slow it down please.....

LMFAO...nothing in nothing out

I have a good retort for that one, but I don't want to make you cry.

Maybe next time you can say what you have that we need in your contract

Grow up, and start accepting that NOTHING you say will happen. It is up to arbitrators, not your ego.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Don't care what the arbitrator says. You will be pulling the gear up for me for a loooong time..Now grow up with "not what your wife said"..ain't heard that in quite while.

Don't care what the arbitrator says. You will be pulling the gear up for me for a loooong time..Now grow up with "not what your wife said"..ain't heard that in quite while.

Lee flies for Delta, so I doubt he will be pulling gear for you. And you don't care what the arbitrator says? Really? Hmmmm. Well, isn't that special. You should yell that out during one if the arbitration hearings. That could be a good YouTube hit.

Last edited:
I would hope that both sides take a look at our FLICA scheduling software and determine if it is better than the SWA in-house software. FLICA is one heck of a nice product as long as all the switches are turned to the "On" position. What I mean by that is having the program run full throttle wide open with no parts of it held back by Management. Full transparency.

Is it true that at SWA if you are awarded a line that has a trip over a holiday, you CAN NOT swap it out with something in open time or via a schedule adjustment period that is not on a holiday? The only way would be a peer-to-peer swap (and who's going to do that?).

Over here at AAI, we love to manipulate our schedules 24/7...all online without ever having to talk to or receive permission from a human in Crew Scheduling. Some guys have made this into an art form.

Does Airtran not still have that everything flown by a reserve is over guarantee?
I think you're referring to Twomey-Kasher. No, that was given up in exchange for Long-Call Reserve, limits on Ready Reserve, transparency, a bucket system, and a preference for call-first/call-last for reserves.

Pilots who place themselves call-first will likely break guarantee but will have to do so actually FLYING, up to (I believe) a 20 hour differential between them and the lowest-credit "call-last" reserve, then they have to wait until that differential comes within 20 hours again to fly first.

It appears that requesting "call-first" or "call-last" will best be served by monitoring reserve staffing. If we're over-staffed for reserves and LVI is low, bidding call-first won't help much, as NO ONE will break guarantee. If we're staffed even or under-staffed, then "call-first" will likely break guarantee quite well. Bid accordingly.

Still weeding my way through analyzing Section 5. It's such a HUGE departure from the prior scheduling section that it's taking a while longer than T.A. 1 or 2 did.

Last edited:
Holiday flying: your stuck over any holiday unless you find that dude or dudette to take the trip. You can massage the start day, but you must fly over a 24/25 or 1st if thats what your original line contained.

Latest resources

Back