• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran new contract ques?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would hope that both sides take a look at our FLICA scheduling software and determine if it is better than the SWA in-house software. FLICA is one heck of a nice product as long as all the switches are turned to the "On" position. What I mean by that is having the program run full throttle wide open with no parts of it held back by Management. Full transparency.

Is it true that at SWA if you are awarded a line that has a trip over a holiday, you CAN NOT swap it out with something in open time or via a schedule adjustment period that is not on a holiday? The only way would be a peer-to-peer swap (and who's going to do that?).

Over here at AAI, we love to manipulate our schedules 24/7...all online without ever having to talk to or receive permission from a human in Crew Scheduling. Some guys have made this into an art form.

24/7 trip swapping at SWA. No calls involved.

24/7 trip swapping at SWA. No calls involved.
Unless it is over a holiday period. Then you are only allowed to swap with another pilot if he or she is willing. In other words, you are not allowed to manipulate your schedule over a holiday period via automation.

At AAI, we have (2) schedule adjustment periods. SAP 1 and SAP 2. SAP 1 runs for about 24 hours after Final Awards are published. That one goes by seniority. Then SAP 2 kicks in and goes by first come, first served. Both are 100% automated within FLICA. After SAP 2 closes, then Open Time begins and runs until 23:59 on the last day of the upcoming month. That too is 100% automated 1st come, 1st served.

From what I'm hearing from my SWA bro's, the AAI software may be more advanced and user friendly than the SWA in-house software. So...per the topic thread...this may be something that AAI brings to the table that is better than SWA currently has. We shall see.

Whippy do.. Ill keep what we have plus the extra $50-100,000. You think you bring something to the table becuse of stupid trades on three holidays. OOOOK! I worked this Thanksgiving my choice, got home early and made $174tfp doing it as an FO. I do just fine with our current system. Tell you what you keep your software and we will keep our lousy pay and everything else that has been mentioned 1000 times. We also dont have near the number of reseves AAI has. Hence the restriction. Someone has to fly those planes. But you will know how lousy it is soon enough.:)

Last edited:
Without knowing the details I'll say I want SWA scheduling over Airtrans. After the details I'll only be more convinced.

Gup

So three days and nothing of interest thus far from the airtran contract for swa pilots...what is is your group is bringing? The company bought the other stuff so that does not count....I guess the pilot group is bringing nothing to the table....maybe this wont be such a tough arbitration to begin with since there is nothing from the airtran contract to offer us.

Latest resources

Back