• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran MEC voted no

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And if something happens to them, the webmaster will be releasing your IP to the FBI. Just ask one of our pilots when he commented on something here that AirTran considered a credable theat and via FBI investigation got the guy's name.

Please. He was not making a threat. Get real.

JT12345,

This is said with all due respect JT so please don't take offense.

There will be no more negotiations, end of story. Only arbitration.

I respectfully recommend any thought process that leaves open any further "negotiations" between ALPA/SWAPA/SWA as a possibility only sets expectations for something that is not possible.

Arbitration. I don't fear it and certainly your MEC doesn't either since that is the path they have chosen. Your membership may look back and say this was a great move on the part of the MEC or they may wish for the original proposal at some point down the road. That ship has sailed.

As for the outcome from that arbitration, that will begin a brand new chapter and one that is not clear on the final outcome for your pilots. The SWA pilots will remain as SWA pilots, the same can not be said with 100% certainty for AAI pilots. If your leadership has convinced you and others of something else, then I will simply say that is unfortunate.

Passage of the AIP would've given you that 100% certainty even if viewed as a less than desired. Everyone I've spoken to on the SWA side feel it was far less than desired also FYI.

I wish you and your family all the best. Fly safe,

Respectfully,

Chase,

If your guys don't want to use the remaining 6 weeks of mediation, that's unfortunate; it seems to me that this is actually an opportunity for your FO's to get some of the gains they were looking for.

Our guys aren't looking to take anything away from the SWA guys, but we also need to have real, viable system seniority. Since half our guys will be displaced from ATL, those ATL protections did nothing for most of us, unfortunately.

Regards,

TW

Last edited:
And if something happens to them, the webmaster will be releasing your IP to the FBI. Just ask one of our pilots when he commented on something here that AirTran considered a credable theat and via FBI investigation got the guy's name.

Fair enough. Changed it.

At least ALPA secured the extention of the collection of dues for a bit longer.

Exactly.
The MEC did have access to alpa lawyers. The question is, who were they really looking out for?

Find me a reason ALPA would want to facilitate this smoothly?
Why not, if one can influence, appeal to the cynical, attempt to poison the culture of a future competitor and collect north of $300,000/month doing it?

There's been no good answer to this--- ^^^

Now I understand many of you didn't like the seniority and thought you could get that kind of money AND seniority... But now - it's back to square one-

Do NOT think that SL9 is remotely what Swapa will be aiming for- it is not close to the best outcome swapa pilots could hope for, & I have serious doubts it would have come close to passing our side- everything is now back on the table - you guys forget, we already are swa pilots with our Swapa contract- you have nothing we want and you just negotiated as if GK wants you at all costs.

This is now the time for Swapa pilots to bow out.

Last edited:
Yeah man.... where is your love now? Thanks for the threat.

Its not a threat. You guys wanted arbys for dinner. I'm just letting you know about a little side dish on the menu we call Side Letter 8....

read it when you get a chance, some of our fellow aviators maybe living it.

JT12345,

This is said with all due respect JT so please don't take offense.

There will be no more negotiations, end of story. Only arbitration.

I respectfully recommend any thought process that leaves open any further "negotiations" between ALPA/SWAPA/SWA as a possibility only sets expectations for something that is not possible.

Arbitration. I don't fear it and certainly your MEC doesn't either since that is the path they have chosen. Your membership may look back and say this was a great move on the part of the MEC or they may wish for the original proposal at some point down the road. That ship has sailed.

As for the outcome from that arbitration, that will begin a brand new chapter and one that is not clear on the final outcome for your pilots. The SWA pilots will remain as SWA pilots, the same can not be said with 100% certainty for AAI pilots. If your leadership has convinced you and others of something else, then I will simply say that is unfortunate.

Passage of the AIP would've given you that 100% certainty even if viewed as a less than desired. Everyone I've spoken to on the SWA side feel it was far less than desired also FYI.

I wish you and your family all the best. Fly safe,

Respectfully,

I am not a big fan of chase, but that was very well written.
Spot on.

This list was lopsided and the SWA guys were salivating. Now it's time to wipe off the loogies and present your best case to the arbritrators who will determine what is fair.

You obviously didn't read the AIP, believe me chud, it wasn't the Southwest guys salivating. I'm glad all the freebee's Gary Kelly was handing out are history as well. Enjoy the outcome.

If your guys don't want to use the remaining 6 weeks of mediation, that's unfortunate;...............

TW

They already said the remaining 6 weeks would be best spent preparing our side in arbitration. Elvis has left the building.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back