Airtran MEC voted no

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The impasse is simple-
AT wants more relative seniority- but your group is so much younger, that to give more creates more harm for Swa pilots than is acceptable.

So now it comes down to leverage and who has it.

Any list that can be implemented will be distasteful to AirTran pilots- and the onus has always been on you to focus on ALL the positives that will be happening to you if you get on the Swapa list. There are a lot of positives- but it's just not mathematically possible to receive the seniority you want without severly hampering the careers of Swapa pilots for the next 20 years.
It's the demographics of the two groups.
Interesting times- and business is business. There will be no emotional games. We're pilots. There's no crying in flying. And definitely no fistfights in the crew rooms. I'll buy the beers- and we can lay it aside and handle our formidable and consequential business like grown men and women.

Ndiri- no staple was ever promised that's just dumb. But a certain amount of your junior will be stapled. That's not a "staple" and you guys can rule yourself up all you want- but it's just reality. My guess is that if you get another shot at an integration, even more will be found at the bottom of the list.
And guess what? That's a pretty good place to be. Life doesn't suck anywhere on the list. Don't forget that or about the 8000 applications on file hoping and praying for just that.
G'night

No anger, no rage, just unemotional business decisions for your side from here on out. Apparently you AT guys like it that way.

Shake hands? Sure, once the deals done, can you say the same?
Sure, I'd love to shake hands and go to work as one team. I'll even be honored to buy the first round at the bar if we should happen to fly together.

But I'm concerned about some of the other SWA pilots here. Just yesterday, one of them was threatening to burn the house down if he didn't get exactly what he wanted in the arbitration and integration. That attitude doesn't bode well.

Well, so far, Bake, SWA pilots here have threatened me, called me a moron, and given crude and vulgar suggestions complete with pictures about what I can do. If the worst you are going to do is refuse to shake my hand, then I think we're going to get along just fine. :)

Fudgepacker,
Your either in awe of Michelle Bachmann or taking pointers on her technique which explains your community college mentality. I'll bet you live in San Fran?

You are an embarrassment to SWA pilots everywhere. Name calling and homophobia. Is that all you got?

Now SWA pilots clearly have a bigger problem on their hands, having backed themselves into this unfortunate corner. Obviously, any arbitration award is going to be less favorable to them, so the question is how will they react as the inevitable integration continues and they have to fly with their new coworkers. Are they willing to shake hands and move on, or will they poison the culture and work environment, as some of them have threatened on this board?

I'm betting on the first option. You have a MINORITY of shrill spoiled brat SWA f/os posting here. And Mr. Kelly will slap down any of his pilots who try any flight deck b.s. He has to. The airline rep will suffer if he doesn't.

I'm concerned about the SWA pilots, though. Virtually all of them on the boards here are threatening to poison the culture and create a hostile environment, even if it hurts their own company. It's almost an obsession with them, with several of them posting about how they wish ill fortune on the AT pilots. Very disturbing. At some point, if they continue this nasty spiral out of control, I'm afraid that GK will have to address the problem.

He will.

You may not call it a corner, but SWAPA has clearly left itself no good options. Having promised a staple that they can't deliver, they now have an angry mob of SWA pilots to deal with.

Get the ProStans committee up to speed!

Yes, they definitely promised a staple, or near staple. SWA pilots have made that clear on this board.

Why did SWAPA make such a reckless promise?

Pandering to their junior pilots. Its over now.

SWAPA never promised us a staple, in fact, they didn't even try to get one.

Are you serious? Did you read the AIP?

If you want an idea of just how much the majority of pilots dislike ALPA, just insert HITLER in place of ALPA in any sentence.

Ah, Godwin's Law. The last refuge when your argument fails.

Okay, we will staple you. :)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

So, you have promoted unity? You want this to work and let seniority be bygones? Whichever way it may fall? Dude, look, I have been flamboyant too. I'm not knocking ya down, just realizing that sometimes we beat on the people we would probably get along best with. No harm, no foul. Let's all just be kind with one another. That goes for me too. Take your jabs, I will take mine, and then let's move on to something better.

Excuse me please: Except Tom Dean. I don't like him and will never excuse his dream. While probably intelligent, he lacks backbone.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back