• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC vote - explained

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, like the Frontier pilots who were railroaded and forced to take it or leave it... Good job Air Tran pilots - you CAN do better via arbitration than what the SWA pilot reps have "generously" offered you.

What ever happened to Frontier anyway?

Gup

Good job Air Tran pilots - you CAN do better via arbitration than what the SWA pilot reps have "generously" offered you.

I think you meant to say the offer that was agreed to by both MC's. Not the deal that was forced upon them by the SWA pilot reps.

They are doing great, Rev. Bedford is taking real good care of them....or did he say the Lord provides and ask for concessions. I can't remember now. How's the bottom of the SW list looking for them now?

Pure Arrogance....

True, but not just anyone can do it at SWA. You gotta get the job first and that's the hardest part.[/QUOTE]

Not for the newly acquired AT pilots. How many were never considered by SWA despite meeting your minimums? Now they are competing for your Captain seats. Wow - that's gotta drive you crazy and I can see why you guys would be soooooooooo upset. Your astronaut fraternity has to accept more people and can't be so exclusive. :(:bawling::bawling:

Last edited:
True, but not just anyone can do it at SWA. You gotta get the job first and that's the hardest part.

Not everyone can pay $10k to do it at SWA, you're right! Oh wait, the Airtran guys will! ahahahaha! It will happen, and they will get their fair seniority, and the pay eventually. SWAPA doesn't want to be the next USair, and neither does GK. Airtran rolled the dice, and will win. Godspeed!

OYS

Not everyone can pay $10k to do it at SWA, you're right! Oh wait, the Airtran guys will! ahahahaha! It will happen, and they will get their fair seniority, and the pay eventually. SWAPA doesn't want to be the next USair, and neither does GK. Airtran rolled the dice, and will win. Godspeed!

OYS

Listen to the furloughed United guy...he's savvy...he's smart...and he's most likely broke. He's really hung up on the $10,000. For him being furloughed and on probation that's a lot of bucks. But for me it was a small price to pay. I make that in less than 2 weeks. OYS more like 2 months. Keep listening to the furloughed guy. Just remember, if SWA doesn't work out for you, there are lots of other options. Just ask Burnsy........

It's really sad to see how the SWA guys are treating the Airtran pilots just because they didn't accept a terrible proposal. I applaud the Airtran pilots for not laying down. If they feel they are getting shafted, good for them to stick up for themselves.

DAL and NWA didn't agree in the beginning either, but it never got this nasty.

SWA guys, you must understand: Your not the king of the jungle anymore. It was a good run.

Were all in the same game. Get over yourselves.

Treat your new fellow pilots with respect, you may be pulling gear for them soon.

We shall see in the next week if Gary has our back. I, for one think he does. This is not so black and white as a lot of FI guys seem to think it is. My gut feeling is he has seen the writing on the wall. SWA culture crater from a long drawn out and bloody arbitrated list implementation. Or plan "B" and trust me-this contingency was already thought out. Chuck and Steve's letters looked----------- well kinda the same. Company and pilot union unity?!?! We have it here. Anyone who thought you would see some kind of NWA-Delta type list here are dreaming.
Fasten your seat belts, the next two weeks are going to be telling. Count on it.
ILUVURBANMYERS

Latest resources

Back