• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran MEC Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Red...where are you getting those outlandish 60-80% pay difference figures and applying them to the whole pilot group?

Let's take a look at a 9yr. Capt. as an example. The hourly rates are public knowledge on airlinepilotcentral.com

AT Capt. = 153/hr.
SW Capt. = 203/hr.

Doing the math, it comes out to a 32.7% difference which is not even in the ballpark of the 60-80% difference that you claim.

A lot more than just pay goes into determining career expectations. As GL has correctly stated, an arbitrator is going to look at the whole package.

Don,

We went over this in a previous thread dated 12/12/2010. You asked about comparing 9yr FO rates at both airlines. Not sure why you picked that but I responded with this....

Wow, not sure where to start with this one but I'll do the math.

First off, you have to use your original payscale that was used as a snapshot in Sept. I really like how you guys want to hold up the new one and say 'it isn't that much different now'.

But I'll do the public math anyway..

9yr AAI FO - 75/hr x 70 = 5250/month (original payscale)
9yr AAI FO - 97/hr x 70 = 6790/month (new payscale)

9yr SW FO - 124 trips for pay, mulitpied by a conservative rate of 1.15 (1.18 is closer to reality), equals 142.

142/hr x 70 = 9940/month that's a 90 percent increase off your original pay, or 46 percent increase off your new payrates. (which won't be used)

So instead of 50-80 percent, I should have use 46-90 percent. My bad.

At SW, that same 9yr FO can easy fly 110-115 trips a month making 13,600 for the month. That is the windfall no matter how you add the numbers.

I'll run any other numbers side by side if you need me to.

RF

At SW, that same 9yr FO can easy fly 110-115 trips a month making 13,600 for the month. That is the windfall no matter how you add the numbers.

Man, thats almost 6 legs a day for 20 days out of the month (I assume that 10 days is the average amount of days off for a SW pilot in a month) WOW!

Man, thats almost 6 legs a day for 20 days out of the month (I assume that 10 days is the average amount of days off for a SW pilot in a month) WOW!

And you would assume stupidly.
;)

No really- you would.

My Feb: 115TFP - 14 days off in a short month- zero premium time. 1 5 leg day - 4 4 leg days- 6 3 leg days- 2 2 leg days and 1 1 leg day-

Never been scheduled in a less fatiguing way in my 20 year career.
And have never been treated better by a company. The lack of stress here is worth years to your life- I leave 9/10 trips smiling and happy
Don't get too riled up here- both sides are well represented- we'll be alright if no one takes the 1%ers here too seriously

Last edited:

Just a little better than 10 days off a month...

-Last calendar year (6-7 yr FO) I flew 205 days.
-That's an average of 17 days OFF a month.
-I also averaged just UNDER 4 legs per day.
-Top it off with an average of 109 TFP per month.

$13 grand a month averaging 17 days off...

*I had the ENTIRE month of August off with two weeks of vacation so that did skew the average days off a bit.*

*I had the ENTIRE month of August off with two weeks of vacation so that did skew the average days off a bit.*

POW POW! :laugh:

I took over a month off in one pop last year too.......... with two weeks vacation. This year I'm taking about 7 weeks off in a row with 3 weeks vacation.

Sucks doesn't it?
Gup

And I love how you tell people to go do other things..................

OYS

That's because I am SENIOR to you here, not be a good little boy and find a thread about Delta hiring or something else exciting. :laugh:

I assure you this, if ALPA continues with its rants and rhetoric, Gary Kelly will turn this into a slice and dice acquisition that leaves a smoking hole in Atlanta. SWA doesn't repsond to this type of communication well. I suspect Gary and friends are closely looking at the language of Guadeloupe Holdings right now and patting themselves on the back. ALPA is once again showing their sophmoric culture. Not a good situation for the pilots of Airtran.

Are you kidding me? If the angry 13% would have written a response, THAT would have gotten GK's attention. These "rants and rhetoric" are just part of the game SWAPA has decided to enter into. There will be a lot more over the coming months. Buckle in, it'll be a long bumpy ride and neither side would expect anything less in making the case for their respective sides.

You would assume wrong. For March I'm scheduled for 111 TFP with 16 days off. Week 1 is a 4 day with 13 legs; Week 2 is a 3 day with 9 legs; Week 3 is a 4 day with 12 legs; Week 4 is a 2 day with 7 legs; and Week 5 is a 2 day with 6 legs.

Gup,

Our industry has a long history of professionalism, respect, and comraderie.
Yes things are good for us right now, (aside from your incessant whining and complaining on internal forums), but we remain one bad spindle of being on the other side of acquisition. There is a fine line between being in a position of strength and being a dick.

I agree with the current pprune swell that your body of work on this forum of late is an embarrassment.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back